Desert Crown

Desert Crown 6-1 into 2-1. Adayar and Luxembourg remained steady at best priced 7/2 or 4-1 (maybe drifting half a point with some books).

Desert Crown out. Adayar and Luxembourg in to best priced 9/4 (mostly 2-1) and only WH offering NRNB.

Lesson: Antepost prices rarely drift unless there is significant negative news. Bet smaller but earlier for the best value and be wary of shorter odds without NRNB.

No surprise. I have never been a fan and saw something a lot more exciting than him in the Frankel filly Al Asifah today.

Off subject I know but I've see some good horses in my time but this is one very very special filly.....talk about barely out a canter she was so relaxed she looked like she was barely out of a morning walk and then zoom!

No surprise. I have never been a fan and saw something a lot more exciting than him in the Frankel filly Al Asifah today.

Off subject I know but I've see some good horses in my time but this is one very very special filly.....talk about barely out a canter she was so relaxed she looked like she was barely out of a morning walk and then zoom!

Couldn’t agree more.

Tell you what, this sort of loss makes you realise how much easier Cheltenham is. A double this close to that Festival and the second part is NRNB. Getting paid out on a 7/1 shot would soften the blow somewhat.

From RP:
Frankie can put him anywhere in a race and, when Frankie's on, you shouldn't question him. You shouldn't question him at Goodwood or York or wherever, but around Ascot he's not going to make any mistakes
Saeed Suhail's racing manager Bruce Raymond explains the decision to call up Frankie Dettori to ride Desert Crown at Royal Ascot instead of regular rider Richard Kingscote

Well he's not going to say anything negative is he?!

I imagine that he blasted up the Limekilns a bit quick and has pulled a muscle. That or he’s just a very fragile individual and we will rarely get to see him.

Back