Diamond Tycoon

Guest_

At the Start
Really looking forward to seeing this colt back today at Kempton. Looked a star in his maiden last year and showed plenty of promise in the Guineas despite not challenging for the top honours.

I know it probably means bugger all but the fact that Barry Dennis has bismarked it means it could go off at a backable price.

Was at a very wet Kempton yesterday and was looking forward to seeing DT. In the end had a small bet on Kandidate who seemed to tick all the required boxes. Paddock inspection revealed DT to be bandaged hinds and he was very free to post.

Callan got tactics spot on jumping out the gate and controlling pace exposing any stamina doubts in DT but he folded so quick there was probably something wrong.

Looks very much like a type that lives on edge. He tends to sweat up prior to his races, and signifcantly I think, the least he did it was at Newbury last year. He might be the sort that benefits from earplugs or something in the prelims.

Plenty went wng on Saturday, he was far too keen to post, was held up wide with no cover and didn't settle, and a 10f crawl certainly wouldn't play to the strengths he showed at Newbury. I still think he could be a real fore in pattern company back at 7f/1m. Perhaps what was the betfred Mile at Sandown at the end of April would be a good place to try again.

Yes, both race reports I read after the race mentioend him sweating up badly. If they can keep him sound, more racing might lessen this tendency; but it's a real problem if you can hardly ever get him to the racecourse. Mind you a filly I had a share in who was very laid back at home and on the gallops always got horribly stressed at the course and she never grew out of it

Back