Discourse or Maybe

Maybe for me but only as she's with O'Brien - would be Discourse for me if trained by someone like Stoute, Cecil or Gosden.

If they raced in the next few weeks, I wouldn't have a preference. Backing Godolphin to turn up with the horse in good order in 8 months time would be brave, even if the trainer hasn't yet got a record of ruining horses.

Or what he said.

Last edited:
O'Brien's 1000 Guineas record isn't something he'll take long boring the grandkids about.

Can read the Timeform View of these fillies and others from the weekend here

Last edited:
More a negative regarding Discourse and Godolphin than any positive towards Maybe and O'Brien DJ .

Brough Scott could learn a thing or two from you about racing journalism too btw :)

Very impressive yet again today, quick one for the Maybe supporters though - assuming she has another race this season is a 2yo campaign containing 6 starts the best way to prep a filly for the Guineas or are Ballydoyle making hay while the sun's shining so to speak?

assuming she has another race this season is a 2yo campaign containing 6 starts the best way to prep a filly for the Guineas or are Ballydoyle making hay while the sun's shining so to speak?

Finsceal Beo had five runs as a 2yo and won the guineas, so I wouldn't necessarily see six runs as a negative.

Back