Discourse or Maybe

Makes her 340k price tag seem cheap. Her full brother is hip 371 at Tatts this year - I'm sure Croom House are looking forward to him hitting the ring. Interestingly Maybe's dam is a three parts sister to Dancing Rain.

Makes her 340k price tag seem cheap. Her full brother is hip 371 at Tatts this year - I'm sure Croom House are looking forward to him hitting the ring. Interestingly Maybe's dam is a three parts sister to Dancing Rain.

Think he broke his leg last week unfortunately..

Ah, hadn't heard that but haven't been talking to Peter recently. That would be gutting for them.

Don't quote me on that but I read somewhere that a very well related son of Galileo broke his leg at Croom House and is either closely related to the Deaville sales topper or Maybe - will look it up it the am.

They mentioned on ATR that Maybe's full brother had broken a leg and had to be put down.
A full brother to Dancing Rain goes on sale at the Goffs yearling sale.

Maybe has a very good atittude, but the form is nothing special at the moment, La Collina was not running her race and Fire Lilly is well exposed, at the moment I have Discourse and Best Terms ahead of maybe on the figures.

Maybe has a very good atittude, but the form is nothing special at the moment, La Collina was not running her race and Fire Lilly is well exposed, at the moment I have Discourse and Best Terms ahead of maybe on the figures.

From what we have seen so far the fillies seem to be better than the colts and Maybe has done everything asked of her. I think she won pretty cosily yesterday and put the race to bed very quickly. She was very good value for the winning margin and while she doesnt have a blinding turn of foot she does all she has to to win her races. Horses like this are sometimes under-rated. She has the scope to continue to improve and similar to some of the great fillies she, from all accounts produces on the track more than she shows at home. I would have her ahead of anything we have seen so far. In saying all of this would I take 7/2 for the 1,000 guineas - probably not!! I am not convinced by Ladbrokes going 5/1 either.

surprised you think fillies are better than colts,

Harbour Watch and Morny winner , plus other interesting ones are clear of Maybe for me

Of the fillies the best form is for Hannons fillie, the Queen Mary winner and Discourse is also more interesting for me than Maybe.

Back