Discussion on editing posts time limits (moved from Euro2024)

Anadin

Apprentice
Sorry trying to delete above, but can not see option....

Has the right to delete ones messages disappeared ?

Sorry trying to delete above, but can not see option....

Has the right to delete ones messages disappeared ?
I think there is a time limit - it's based on your membership level - which I think is 90 mins. I'd have to check. If you'd like I can remove that post for you. (y)

I just just checked your membership level (Apprentice) and you have three hours to either edit or delete your posts. At the moment you have 464 posts - and once you hit 500 you'll advance to Conditional. Conditional members can edit or delete their posts within 24 hours. So you're on you way :thumbsup:

What a tremendous system - what I'm getting from this policy is: "the more you all shut up moaning and make use of this free facility the better the functionality individually gets for you."

I like that idea.

A lot.

I just just checked your membership level (Apprentice) and you have three hours to either edit or delete your posts. At the moment you have 464 posts - and once you hit 500 you'll advance to Conditional. Conditional members can edit or delete their posts within 24 hours. So you're on you way :thumbsup:
Thanks for removing the post, although cant say I am a fan of the system, should be able to remove your own posts whatever level you are and within whatever time frame you wish, I'd be curious to know why this has been implemented ?

I like the system...
I was having a debate with someone elsewhere. A couple of pages long.
Go back a few days later and they have edited all their posts
Now it looks like my half of the debate is daft

I like the system...
I was having a debate with someone elsewhere. A couple of pages long.
Go back a few days later and they have edited all their posts
Now it looks like my half of the debate is daft
I agree, I have been caught out like that.

It is what it is, but still wrong in my honest opinion.

I did try and remove immediately but still no option available to delete even within the 3 hour window.

I wouldn't go as far as to label anything "wrong" at what, after all, is a free-to-use site.

I've belatedly noticed a typo in one of my postings hours later when it's too late to edit it or delete it but serves me right for not reading my words properly in the first place before posting.

I don't have an issue with it and agree with Nathan pointing out the benefits to it.

It is what it is, but still wrong in my honest opinion.

I did try and remove immediately but still no option available to delete even within the 3 hour window.
Hi Anadin,

Actually, it's a standard feature of most forums. As you increase your activity - you'll get perks along the way. This is why we have user group levels from the basic newbie level to senior members.

The reasoning behind the editing time limits is to prevent newbie members to start threads - then return to these threads at a later date and edit in affiliate links, or other nonsense. It also keeps members in line from posting obnoxious troll posts, then coming in later and changing everything, or visa versa.

I am in the middle of a lot of work at the moment - but I am hoping this next week I will have the time to detail what features are available for each User Group. :thumbsup:

I am in the middle of a lot of work at the moment - but I am hoping this next week I will have the time to detail what features are available for each User Group. :thumbsup:
Any chance you can condense the front page so we only have to click once on a thread title (eg: General racing topics),please?

Back