Domination

Guest_

At the Start
Let's not hear of any moaning or complaining when Coolmore or Stoute are dominating the flat season - Nicholls has taken this to another level over jumps. Week in week out he is winning these big Saturday meetings. It really is remarkable what he is doing and the standard of horse he has throughout his stable.

I couldn't understand why so many people were talking up Hendersons' chance prior to this season.
The only thing missing in Nicholls' batallion is a champion hurdler.

Have to admit that I have been rather bored by his domination of racing [always feel it's bad for any sport] and used to think it was because he bought very expensive horses, but, after today I am feeling totally in awe of the man and his sheer professionalism.

I couldn't understand why so many people were talking up Hendersons' chance prior to this season.
The only thing missing in Nicholls' batallion is a champion hurdler.

I was just about to post the very same thing. Can't remember Nicholls' price, but I remember thinking (and saying on this forum) it was value and the only thing stopping me was tying up my money until April.

Well, yes, we all know that he was a whole lot brighter than most of the rest, stuck in the mud of olde-tyme tradition, but if we assume Nicholls has adopted most of Pipe's then more revolutionary tactics (has he?), then he's only getting nearly as good. When he's overtaken the number of championships Pipe racked up, I'll believe he's the superior force.

What a lot of old-timers didn't do, of course, was to invest heavily in French-breds, as Nicholls's owners have done (or been encouraged to do), and which Pipe probably led the way in so doing. The traditionalists still believed in the hunterly stamp for chasing, and Flat-breds would've been anathema. There's no reason why Nicholls shouldn't overtake Pipe's champion trainer record, but I imagine there's a finite point to be reached in sourcing the best jumps pedigrees, feeding the best feed with appropriate supplements, using treadmills/heat lamps/swimming pools/Reiki practitioners/spas/deep massage/cold packs....

... I'd want my horse to win the bleedin' Champion Hurdle after the bills I'd have had!

Last edited:
/Reiki practitioners/
I'm quite friendly with a woman who practices this. She said I had massive energy inside me and she was amazed by this. If they can tell the same with horses they'd make good tipsters wouldn't they??? As you've mentioned it, I might go for a third time, for the luck and all that. I'm open minded!

Last edited:
I must admit I backed Henderson at 5-2, you could have got 4-7 for Nicholls earlier in the season. My reasoning was that Kauto/Denman were on decline, there was no sign that Master Minded would return to his best. Furthermore, his novice hurdlers last year were not a great bunch. Combined that with the potential the Henderson stable has ( Number wise, its greater than Nicholls) furthermore, he has the better novice hurdlers from last season to go to war with. In addition to that, there was great hope for Long Run, Punchestowns, Binoculars, etc.

The season still has a long way to go yet, Henderson does need to win several big pots to have a say in it, the pot these days for the National is so big, any half decent stable winning it, would have a huge shout. I cant think fro the life of me any horse he has which will fit the profile of the race. Also, I didnt expect Pumpkin head to start the season he has nor did I expect Master Minded to come back to his best.

Martin, they work with energy lines - they're not mystic Megs! Back something with an appropriate name, like DARK ENERGY, CRITICAL PATH or, optimistically, PROGRESS!

Cheeky cow!:D

I ment third time lucky as in, I might actually feel a real-terms difference in my life after the next rake.:):):)

Last edited:
Oooh... now, that's very interesting, young man... I'll PM you my 'Special Home Care Service' hotline... 10% off for members of the forum, by the way!

Last edited:
I was told that a proper Reiki practitioner shouldn't take payment, but could accept a gift. Not sure if that's still the case, with it being so popular now.

Back