Down Royal

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
G

Gearoid

The 2.05 is the race of the day. I thought Luska Lad might be found a softer race than this but he should give Go Native something to think about. In the race before Golden Sunbird at 5-2 looks the best bet on the card.

Last edited:
I think the mare will give them all plenty to think about in the Core Hurdle, Gal. Decision to send Luska Lad into Graded company after one hurdles outing is a bit odd, to say the least.

Last edited:
It looks a good test for Go Native at the weights. I'm surprised Luska Lad and Ebadiyan are such big prices.

I agree about Go Native, and he looks a cast iron lay at evens. The Murphy mare could go well, and I fancy her to win, but the price of Ebadiyan looks much too big.

Ebadiyan is mental. I'm not surprised at his price because you have to question whether or not he will go through with his effort, he didn't in his last two races of the season. On the plus side it is his first run of the year so he may have forgotten those experiences.

Personally I think GoNative will thump them.

In the race before Golden Sunbird at 5-2 looks the best bet on the card.

What's your thinking on that one?

I'm struggling to see any punting angle on the card tbh. Shark Hanlon doesn't look to be messing around in the 2m hurdle, though the obvious pacemaker he looks to have put in will benefit virtually all of the others just as much as Luska Lad.

The 5-2 is now 11-8. She is very highly regarded and landed a touch at Sandown last year. I cant say I have any real angle only that she stuck out like a sore thumb at the prices.

Go on Voler.....have my weekend spending money on her. I think she's very good and Colm does well with this type of mare. The only doubt I have is that 2m4f is her trip so hoping Luska Lad sets a decent pace. I think they're mad running Luska in this when they could pick up a decent novice hurdle but happy to be proved wrong as it will be some performance from a novice.

Something amiss with Golden Sunbird. Beaten a long way out. More momey coming for Voler La Vedette, its going to an intriguing contest.

Does look a strange assignment for Luska Lad. Very much get the feeling today is the day for him - whether he is good enough is another matter. Voler La Vedette is interesting, though 2's isn't giving much away.

Ebadiyan is interesting alright (particularly given that the race looks likely to be run at a decent gallop) at the prices though he's far better on good ground (and possibly over further).

Only in Ireland would they not only take on a supreme novice winner early in the season but try to land a touch in doing it! I hope the race is half as good in the market. Anyone who glances at the result tonight wont believe the SP of Go Native should he win.

It didn't look a great Supreme though, did it?

No bet for me now at current prices, though think the mare will still bustle up Go Native at the very least.

As I said before, I don't think he's up to an average Supreme winner.

Where next for the winner I wonder?

Back