Grade 1 time again and time to go Duking

Melon is entered in the WKD hurdle on friday

Then Saturday is Duke Day - Disko will certainly put it up to him

attachment.php

Attachments

• jnw.JPG
    jnw.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 112
Interested to see how Alpha Des and Valseur Lido get on.

Honestly thought ADO would go on to be a star but had a stop start season last year without showing anything great.

Think the Duke will be the one to beat here. How much will his Gold Cup price drop if he romps it?

Trip maybe on sharp-side for The Dook.

Just looking for a good run, with the future in mind. Winning a bonus.

Down Royal weekend is also Charlie Hall weekend and an interesting Ascot card.

I did Definitly Red as soon as the prices came out. 12s was way too big and he's 8/1 now. I think that's still fair. Cue Card will be ready for this but I have no issue taking him on at his age. Blaklion needs 3 and a half miles at least and who knows if Coneygree turns up.

The Grade 2 Hurdle is interesting. Lil Rockerfella is admiral in the extreme but the sort of horse one wants to take on at short odds. Wholestone would seem to be the one but he carries some bullshit penalty. Form boost at Aintree was nice though. That pen puts me off.

Geraghty seemed to be suggesting More of That could go to Down Royal rather than Wetherby.

Grade 1 time again and time to go Duking

Melon is entered in the WKD hurdle on friday

Then Saturday is Duke Day - Disko will certainly put it up to him

attachment.php
I wonder what he has in mind for Melon? Cilaos Emery seemed to improve past him last season so I see no sense in staying hurdling.

Mullins said last year he was so good he could be a Champion Hurdle horse or an Arkle horse.......I think he's overrating him and doubt if we will see him in either

Noele Mead has entered Red Jack for a 2mile hurdle on Saturday no doubt to test the water but he'll probably go for the neptune if he proves good enough.

If they run him it will be interesting to see which Barry G rides as JP has several entered including dual winner Towering.

I presume Disko will take up the option of the grade 2 two and a half mile chase which follows the G1? Meade has Road to Respect to fire at the JNwine. At the prices I’d be looking at either Road to Respect win bet or Sub Lieutenant ew.

Looking forward to getting another look at Rapid Escape in the bumper. Elliott generally fires one of his better horses at this.

Also 2 horses I followed last year hold entries in the beginners chase tomorrow. Moulin A Vent for Meade and The Storyteller for Elliott. Hoping one of them races.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likewise here. I was at Thurles the day he laughed at Battelford last January & had some very tasty dockets for the Martin Pipe. Elliott napped him at numerous previews and then to rub salt in his second string went on to win!!

I wonder what he has in mind for Melon? Cilaos Emery seemed to improve past him last season so I see no sense in staying hurdling.

Mullins said last year he was so good he could be a Champion Hurdle horse or an Arkle horse.......I think he's overrating him and doubt if we will see him in either
I don't think that many at Closutton share that view. He's only had 3 runs over hurdles and they are adamant that he'll come on with experience. Starting him out this early gives them the option of either route but I think they'd be very disappointed if he didn't win tomorrow and go on to pick up a G1 (or two) before Cheltenham. His declaration is also probably an indication that Faugheen is still on track for the Morgiana.

Also 2 horses I followed last year hold entries in the beginners chase tomorrow. Moulin A Vent for Meade and The Storyteller for Elliott. Hoping one of them races.

No Storyteller but intriguing clash between Tombstone & Moulin A Vent.

Tombstone has become very difficult to get right from a punting perspective and, I would imagine, this very much reflects some of the ‘challenges’ they are facing with him in the yard.

Looking at the likely runners in the Plonk race, I've changed my mind - I will be a bit disappointed if The Dook doesn't despatch them.

Yet another typical Ruby Walsh fall when going so well and sitting so quietly if the horse gets on the wrong stride he simply has no time to react...

Bookies must have given a sigh of relief....damn shame for anyone who did the big 5 or 6 favs in accies

Back