Dubai Prince

Nefertiti

At the Start
I've just been on the Godolphin website - Dubai Prince is not on the (very long) list of Horses in Training. Have I missed something? Does anyone know what's happened to this promising colt?

Kingsfort was not on the list at the start of the season but showed up in Meydam etc.

Thanks for that, Gearoid, although I'm not sure it makes anything clearer. At least there's a chance he hasn't dropped out of the picture completely.

Thanks, Gearoid, for that very encouraging sight of Dubai Prince in work. I've checked on the RP website and have seen that DB has an entry in the Champion Stakes. Presumably if all is well now with him he'll have a prep race in the nearish future.

The Champion Stakes was a long range entry so he's not been entered up just yet. I'm sure there will be a piece in the racing Post in the coming weeks. I can see them giving him a prep in a conditions or listed race.

Anyone know why Fallon is down to ride him but Dettori is riding for Godolphin at Newbury that day?

Anyone want to guess what price he will go off at? If he's right he should be odds on.

Don't know about world-beater but hopefully he'll win this race and go on to better things. (Poor Seville - he does take a lot of knocking on here.)

If he's odds on, he is very much worth backing against. Tazeez sets a reasonable standard for a 3yo fto after an injury.

If he could not win that race with those conditions he was finished. We still have no idea how good he is.

Oh please, Hamm, blow me. I've was a fan of the horse all winter. I thought he had Derby winner written all over him when he won the Kiavullen Stakes. Today he beat trees getting weight all round and only when he steps into group company will we know how good he is.

We don't know yet how good he can be. What we do know is he looks like he has trained on, he travelled well, hasn't been godolphinised (unfair nowadays to Al Zarooni), showed a nice burst of acceleration and won very cosily. If you can't take something from that race I'd give up.

Back