Dubai World Cup

The two Aga Khan horses look very solid at the front of their respective markets.Seventh Heaven would tempt me at 7s for the Sheema if I thought connections were taking it seriously for her.Ribchester won't stay. Ridiculous bringing him over.

Last edited:
The two Aga Khan horses look very solid at the front of their respective markets.Seventh Heaven would tempt me at 7s for the Sheema if I thought connections were taking it seriously for her.Ribchester won't stay. Ridiculous bringing him over.

Good post Euronymous, you don't need vibes to tell you Ribchester won't be figuring, its obvious in the form line as you point out.

I just worry about Mutakayyef's prep not quite having gone according to plan. Really like the horse, however, and this is probably his ideal trip.

He's working the house down. 5/1 is very very fair.

Good post Euronymous, you don't need vibes to tell you Ribchester won't be figuring, its obvious in the form line as you point out.

Its information that's not currently in the marketplace so is as valuable as any form line.

Ron Wood of the Racing Post was tweeting last night that Ertijaal was a non-runner tomorrow but latest indications are that the horse is okay. I certainly hope so. The clash with Limato is one of the highlights of the meeting.

Was impressed by Decorated Knight's defeat of Arab Spring at Lingfield, and did well to win from a poor position off a steady pace latest. More needed today. but has the turn of foot to produce it qnd well worth a punt at 11/1 with B365 (1/4 first 3).
Jack Hobbs looks to have been readied for the Sheema, and the addition of first-time blinds from a trainer who knows how to use them adds to the impression he'll produce a big run today.

Good luck

12.50-Heartbreak City

Each Way @ 13-2 [Coral]

Best jockey in the world rides...

Last edited:
This is going to be interesting. That surface is really deep and they are going to need to act and stay. Time for a re-look.

While I'm busy re-looking at everything else, Thunderstruck is the value in the Arab race. Handassa did me a favour when I was over there in February, but at the price I can't help remembering how he was turned over last year in this after the same break. He also has a habit of finding trouble. What he will do though is see it out off a hold up ride. With the weather over there it's now a doubt about several others doing the same. He can win but he's more likely to place at 8/1 ew.

Thunderstuck was was second in this last year and he has the assistance of Peslier this time. At 8/1 he's a good each way bet and it's hard to see him not making the frame.

Af Mathmoon is a worthy favourite in his bid to follow up. At the price though I'd rather have the two each way bets even though Crowley's on board.

Last edited:
In the 12.50 I'd expect Vazirabad to reverse the form with Beautiful Romance over an extra couple of furlongs. I was there that night and Vazirabad looked as though he was carrying a bit of condition and needed the race. Even so he was plenty close enough to her over short of his optimum. He's a strong win bet.

However it's hard to see her out of the frame, and Sheikhzayedroad also looks well clear of the rest. All three act on a soft surface and given they should have too much class I've also added the combination trifecta to the win bet on Vazirabad at 2/1 and ew bets on the other two at 6/1 and 8/1.

In the 1.25 Godolphin have a strong hand, but I marginally prefer Lancaster Bomber to Thunder Snow at 8/1 ew, who has a win over the 5/2 favourite previously.I've also added a couple of small speculative ew's on the O'Brien 2nd string Spirit of Valour at 20/1 and He Runs Away at 50/1.

The 2.00 looks like a good opportunity to take on those at the head of the market. I reckon the way the track is riding, there must be doubts about the top three being suited by it and lasting home. On that basis I'm going to take them on with The Right Man ew at 16/1. He's got form on it and there's a nice bit of cross-form that gives him a chance at a price. I'd also say that they seem to have beenfinishing well from around the lane he's drawn in.I've also added Baccarat at 25/1 ew. He's got form over seven which may be important today, and he's also previously acted on soft ground. As an eight year old he's more mature than most and if he hasn't got too many miles on the clock his experience could play a part in this.

In the 12.50 I'd expect Vazirabad to reverse the form with Beautiful Romance over an extra couple of furlongs. I was there that night and Vazirabad looked as though he was carrying a bit of condition and needed the race. Even so he was plenty close enough to her over short of his optimum. He's a strong win bet.However it's hard to see her out of the frame, and Sheikhzayedroad also looks well clear of the rest. All three act on a soft surface and given they should have too much class I've also added the combination trifecta to the win bet on Vazirabad at 2/1 and ew bets on the other two at 6/1 and 8/1.
The perfect result :-)

In the 2.35 I have Mind Your Buscuits clear top rated and didn't expect to get him at 9/2. The heavy rain they've had is now a worry though. I've also done an ew saver on Dundonnell at 25/1. Again the theory is he'll see it out on this surface when there are doubts about others.

In the turf I rate Zarak a mximum bet. There's more than sufficient doubt about Ribchester and Mutakeyyef to take them on and I see Zarak comfortably taking this. I've added Heshem in at 25/1 ew and for the forecast. He has the same formline in behind Almanzor that Zarak has, although held. The softer surface should absolutely suit and he's the overpriced horse in the race.

In the Sheema Classic. Postponed 9/4 has to be the bet. I simply think he's better than Highland Reel and Jack Hobbs, and I'm surprised he's not a shade shorter.

The World Cup is really one to sit back and watch a superstar in Arrogate run away from them, but I couldn't help but have an ew bet on Move Up at 66/1. I reckon this is a one horse race in an uncompetitive renewal. In those circumstances it often pays to back an unexposed one and Move Up fits the bill nicely. He needed the race at the beginning of the month and for a Godolphin horse looked as though he was carrying a bit of condition so I'd expect him to take a significant step forward.The best of last years field could well be Hopertunity, and he also rates an ew bet at 20/1. I've added the combination trifecta as well.

Back