Dundalk

Guest_

At the Start
How was Shake It Loose allowed run after that he did after the "false start". If you backed him you would be sick and rightly so.

Still dont know what was wrong with the first attempt out of the stalls after shake it loose jumped?

Just watching Ger Lyons saying it was a problem with the gate which happened again on the second time but the stewards just let them go. Hopefully there's no repeat

Next one went okay - and what a sparkling win by the beautifully-presented filly THE MIGHTY ATOM. She really took my eye beforehand, very strongly made but all of it neatly compact. I've seen Tracy Collins on ATR a couple of times before, but know nothing about her. Irish contributors - what's her story? Does she hail from a long line of racing folk I ought to know about? She doesn't look like a typical trainer - most of the women are small and blonde, for a start!

Didn't realise the kickback came up so high as it does at Dundalk. You've got to have a horse who doesn't object to sand flung hard in his face, I guess, a bit like Southwell. The colour's lighter than Lingfield's Polytrack, so I wonder if they have put more sand in it?

Last edited:
Thanks, Gareth. It's always interesting (to me, anyway) to know the stories behind people, especially when they seemingly pop up without you seeing anything of them before. Bob Cooper's just had a chat with David Simcock's wife on ATR, for example. Last meeting, when his KING OF REASON won at Brighton, I asked her if she was "representing Mr Simcock" as he wasn't in evidence. I'd no idea she was his missus! Fortunately, she didn't mind me mistaking her for his THL at all and enjoyed her glass of fizz quite happily. So it's good to get to know who's who or who's why whenever I can.

Amy Weaver has over Joesph o Brien to ride Grams and ounces in the 5.00 Ayr and they are backing it off the board. She had Gary Carrol over for a ride last week and won

Those buildings round the back straight area, c/l, look really smart. They look like they were built deliberately to get a good view of the course, so I assume they're bijou apartments which sell for good money? The course looks smart, too, and it's good to know there was a good weekday crowd. Does the course get pretty much everything right, like owners' facilities, decent food and drink, and no silly prices?

Back