Durkan Chase At Punchestown.

Originally posted by Headstrong@Dec 9 2007, 05:05 PM
Couldn't see btw why some of you thought Mansony wouldn't stay - he looked the obvious FCT to me :P on his record...
Do you reckon he did stay, Headstrong?

You and your bloody forecasts... :D

Oddchecker now reports 2-5 Denman is the best price - The Listener now 9-2 with Hills but as short as 3s with Ladbrokes .

I still think that Denman deserves to be odds on but he is very short for a horse that has never run in an all aged Grade 1 - we don't know how he will travel abroad and if the ground is heavy The Listener will be a hard nut to crack .

If he can brush him aside as he did the Hennessy field then that will be one hell of a performance

Originally posted by trackside528+Dec 9 2007, 05:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trackside528 @ Dec 9 2007, 05:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Headstrong@Dec 9 2007, 05:05 PM
Couldn't see btw why some of you thought Mansony wouldn't stay ...
Do you reckon he did stay, Headstrong?

You and your bloody forecasts... :D [/b][/quote]
Well let's say I thought he'd handle the ground better than any of the others bar the winner :D

You may all larf at my forecasts, but I do very well out of them - esp in Irish races as the betting tends to be very accurate in telling me what is in form, more so than in UK racing. Can't see why more people don't do them - you risk a small sum to win a decent one which is always value where I'm coming from! I almost always do them reverse, and my fancy beats the Fav often enough to make that a worthwhile policy! - esp nice if my fancy is in double figs

Originally posted by Ardross@Dec 9 2007, 06:29 PM
I still think that Denman deserves to be odds on but he is very short for a horse that has never run in an all aged Grade 1
Have they suddenly introduced an age limit for novice chasers then?!

Have to say that 2/5 is very short about Denman. He might do a Carvills Hill, and while The Listener shouldnt beat him, his presence in the race would make Denman about a 4/7 shot in my book. The Listener at an ew price (5/1 or above as was suggested earlier) would be buying money.

Originally posted by EC1@Dec 9 2007, 05:58 PM
He is a superjumper!

not in 3 of his last 7 races before today he hasn't Suny
EC1 - did you see his last race?

I too dont think there is a quicker jumper (especially in soft) than The Listener. Its his main strength.

He took one hell of a fall at Lingfield one day under A Thornton, a real bad one.

his jumping generally though doen't inspire confidence is what I was getting at..his record shows he can be very good..or not so good in that department.

I have a completely different view on the horse. I have more confidence in his jumping than most. The horse is best in front and using his jumping to put his opposition under pressure. In fact, I think his jumping may have been responsible for Forget the Past's mistake 4 out. Jumping is the horses strong suit, this is accentuated in heavy ground. I find it hard to believe that others feel different. One of the best sights in racing.

There is no law against disagreing but i feel that the bare form figures doesnt really tell the story. Did you see the races? The unseat at Down Royal was about as soft as you would see, and barely a mistake. Top class jumper.

Originally posted by EC1@Dec 9 2007, 07:50 PM
his last 7 form figures don't really tell me that Garney

well done with your call today..i like to see confidence like that
That's the problem with looking at past performances on paper as a guide to the future with horses on a learning curve. Anyone can look at The Listener's form figures without having seen him run and mark him down as a poor jumper but those who have seen his last three runs in Ireland will swear that he is quicksilver over his obstacles, especially in very soft ground. Some of the most proficient jumpers have been error prone as novices ~ Wayward Lad is one of the best I've seen yet had a modest completion record in his first season.

Originally posted by Garney@Dec 9 2007, 06:23 PM
Jumping is the horses strong suit, this is accentuated in heavy ground. I find it hard to believe that others feel different. One of the best sights in racing.
Lovely photo on the RP home page www.racingpost.co.uk/news/home.sd
of The Listener taking off a mile in front of the jump

Point about him is he's so happy in heavy ground which puts most horses under a lot of pressure.
Horses for courses... The Listener, Denman and Beefy would be some match to watch, hope they all go

The Listener came close to beating a 10 times Grade 1 winner last year. He was entitled to win this as he did on that form.

Fair play to Alner and Nicholls for realising there is money to be won and committing their horses to the race....it means that there are two genuine chases to look forward to at Christmas time suited to the various attributes of those horses that are around

I'd be interested in the price of the match bet between the two likely Hourigan runners in the race...

EDIT: I see that the horse who brought down Thyne Again in the beginners chase - Aghacashel Angel - who was running a blinder in his own right, unfortunately broke a hind leg

Originally posted by Bobbyjo@Dec 9 2007, 08:01 PM
I'd be interested in the price of the match bet between the two likely Hourigan runners in the race...
I'm inclinded to think a bookmaker would go 4/5 - 10/11. I'm not a bookmaker....

4/5 Beef Or Salmon
1/1 Mossbank :xmassign:

Originally posted by EC1@Dec 9 2007, 08:11 PM
Rory

are you CliveX in disguise?
EC I think you may just have forfeited the support which Rory has been attempting to offer you.....

:brows:

Great performance today -the only problem with an each way bet for the lexus is that any bookmaker betting on it at the moment is only offering 2 places.

EC I think you may just have forfeited the support which Rory has been attempting to offer you.....

Is that the support where he tells me what and how to post.

I'll miss it

Back