Durkan Chase

Guest_

At the Start
No Cooldine...

1 Aran Concerto (NMeade) - ............... (148)
2 Barker (WPMullins) - ......................... (159)
3 In Compliance (DTHughes) - ............ (152)
4 J'y Vole (FR) (WPMullins) - ............... (151)
5 Joncol (PNolan) - . ............................. (153)
6 Watson Lake (NMeade) - .................. (148)

A lot of overnight money for Barker in the Tingle Creek which would suggest he runs in that! 16/1 into 10/1. Forpaddy also runs in tingle creek with McCoy taking the ride. Durkan is between Aran Concerto and In Compliance.

Why dec Barker for the Durkan, if he was going to run in the Tingle Creek, Kauto Abu? Could be a precaution, of course, but he seems more likely to run in Punchestown than Sandown to me.

Joncol will win the Durkan. ;)

I really fancy Aran Concerto who showed his class to come back after a long injury lay off at the end of last season and beat Barker on the nod. That was a serious run after a long lay off on firm ground which he would've been alien to. He's goes much better on soft/heavy which is what he'll get Sunday. Meade is also on record as saying Aran Concerto is the best horse he's ever trained!

Last edited:
Why dec Barker for the Durkan, if he was going to run in the Tingle Creek, Kauto Abu? Could be a precaution, of course, but he seems more likely to run in Punchestown than Sandown to me.
Joncol will win the Durkan. ;)
Mullins was due to make his mind up yesterday afternoon on which race to target after Barkers morning workout. I presume the move in the market suggests he will head for Sandown now!

I really fancy Aran Concerto who showed his class to come back after a long injury lay off at the end of last season and beat Barker on the nod. That was a serious run after a long lay off on firm ground which he would've been alien to. He's goes much better on soft/heavy which is what he'll get Sunday. Meade is also on record as saying Aran Concerto is the best horse he's ever trained!

Thanks for that KA.

Nothing on the Lay side for Barker in the Tingle Creek, Kauto Abu, so mind how you go. :cool:
I'll prob be backing Forpaddytheplasterer for the Tingle Creek to be honest. If it's not heavy i think he is immense value at 8/1. The only time he got decent ground last year was in the Arkle!

I'll prob be backing Forpaddytheplasterer for the Tingle Creek to be honest. If it's not heavy i think he is immense value at 8/1. The only time he got decent ground last year was in the Arkle!

I dont think Forpadytheplaster is ground dependant at all but he is not a horse that I could ever envisage winning a Tingle Creek. Was his Arkle one of the weakest of the last ten years? I think it was.

Tom Cooper has said he'll never run him on heavy ground again in a very good article on Forpaddy in yesterdays Irish Independent!

I'd have thought the same Geaorid, he would seem to be a 2m 2f+ horse. 2m around Cheltenham last year brought his stamina into play and was perfect for him. A year on i'd be pretty surprised if he won a true Tingle Creek.

I dont think Forpadytheplaster is ground dependant at all but he is not a horse that I could ever envisage winning a Tingle Creek. Was his Arkle one of the weakest of the last ten years? I think it was.

I was quite taken with the runner-up in this year's Arkle, but it wasn't the strongest race I'd have to agree.

Back