Durkan Chase

I am fairly certain Mullins knows his horses aren't really firing -Jy'vole didn't really appreciate being ridden with restraint.

In truth the Mullins's horses are probably running as they normally do pre-Christmas bar last year's exceptional year.

Two or three years I read an interview with Mullins in the Irish Field where he said his horses would be better after Christmas and I made an absolute packet from the advice.Jy vOLE at 70 in a juvenille hurdle being the highlight.
I think this year is different -not part of a masterplan.I read earlier that a few of the horses are coughing and that has to be a serious worry.

I would like to see it again but I thought he hung into Aran Concerto before that one made a mistake three out. He got very tired after that.

Certainly looked to drift over in front of Aran Concerto when Cawley asked him for a big jump - certainly wouldn't have helped Geraghty anyway.

The way he weakened suggests he probably wouldn't have lasted home regardless. Interesting that he was pretty weak on-course.

Joncol will be tough to beat at Leopardstown ~ the big question now is whether he'll be as effective on better ground.

Back