Eddie Freemantle

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
Not sure how profitable they are but this obviously provides a guaranteed income and I haven't noticed the Post sacking too many tipsters. It seems many of these people like to have their fingers in as many pies as possible - not saying he is in the same league but how many 'jobs' has Thommo got?

Will anyone be at all surprised to hear Fremantle bigging-up Pricewise when he appears on Racing UK?

Either way his opening tip has just gone in @ 10/3 much the way he said it would in his piece.

It's good to see people with brains writing for the RP, it should liven it up a bit unlike the usual sycophantic, flowery prose-ridden vomit-fests.

I only know about him from reading Dave Nevison two books and it was the first page I opened today. I backed both and it must be said that both were put in very short by the compilers this morning.

I think Shadz is right - he seems like a nice chap, the little I've talked to him, with a seemingly encylopaedic knowledge of horses old and new. And yes, it'd be good if he can write without the usual smarmfest which passes for 'articles'.

I assume Mike Bell (Chatroom, Racing Post) is hoping Eddie is successful. To quote: 'Backed Silver Linnet on Friday and have just given in my notice at work now Eddie the Shoe is at the Post. A winner a day, guaranteed, so why work?'

What a clown.

Makes you wonder if the Post just makes them up?

Encyclopaedic doesn't really say it, Kri! Eddie would give anoraks like Delargy a run for their money in that one! :p He's a good guy too, and very amusing as well.

Sadly, never get too much time with Press guys at the desk, as they're usually running to warm up and scoff the best sarnies before the others get in, but he seems to have a dry wit about him. He often arrives with Jonathan Neesom, who's also droll and funny, when he's not sighing deeply about turning out for the AW!

I bet he is! I hardly ever see him without a burger disappearing between his jaws, or scoffing plateloads in the stable staff canteen. A real Mr. Munchy-Munchy.

The Shoe came in to Lingers today, having just caught the start of the belting rain from the station - not a happy bunster about that. I congratulated him on his take-up with the RP and said I hoped we could look forward to some slightly controversial moments. "What? On a tipping forum?" he asked. I said I didn't care what it was, people were expecting a bit better than the usual sycophantic smarmings. He murmured "sycophantic smarmings" to himself, and I had the feeling that that would be a phrase likely to be repeated at some point! Can't say we don't try to get our point across, though!

Agree with Shadow Leader. Mister Fremantle is one of the good guys -puts the hours in and an excellent replacement for the sacked Mel Collier who, if memory serves, failed to tip a winner on Pricewise extra from July 2009 until February 2010.

Agree with Shadow Leader. Mister Fremantle is one of the good guys -puts the hours in and an excellent replacement for the sacked Mel Collier who, if memory serves, failed to tip a winner on Pricewise extra from July 2009 until February 2010.

A feat in itself...

So, Collier was sacked, was he?? Interesting - what goes around, comes around.....

.....he clearly wasn't that good at lifting other peoples' bets and passing them off as his own then!!! :lol:

Relks - you don't count. You've not much scope to write sycophantic, flowery prose ridden vomit-fests, as if you would lower yourself anyway!!

Last edited:
Couldn't give you specifics but I'm not sure that it was coincidence that for a while his recommended bets - and the exact wording of the reasons given - mirrored that of some of the selections given by a successful punter and tipster.

Back