Eddie Freemantle

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
...it should liven it up a bit unlike the usual sycophantic, flowery prose-ridden vomit-fests.

Perhaps they have got a little detached. A recent clipping:

…Or again, note the meanderings of some purling rill as it babbles on its way, fanned by gentlest zephyrs tho' quarrelling with the stony obstacles, to the tumbling waters of Neptune's blue domain, mid mossy banks, played on by the glorious sunlight or 'neath the shadows cast o'er its pensive bosom by the overarching leafage of the giants of the forest… should go in at Lingfield today. ;)

I like Mr. Fremantle, no airs, quite prepared to compare notes but he has recently pissed me off somewhat, surely it's rude to ignore emails?!

............and no I wasn't directly begging for cash, but even if I was a gentle piss-off would be better than being ignored........even a pig has feelings.:(

I like Mr. Fremantle, no airs, quite prepared to compare notes but he has recently pissed me off somewhat, surely it's rude to ignore emails?!

............and no I wasn't directly begging for cash, but even if I was a gentle piss-off would be better than being ignored........even a pig has feelings.:(

I know how you feel.

...surely it's rude to ignore emails?!

It’s true they do (…apart from the Angeln Saddleback). But a journalist that isn’t rude isn’t doing his job properly.

Steve - brilliant! Did you do that? I'd love to see some of TimeForm's remarks in the cards in that mode. "He appears to have forsaken his birthright of sport upon the greensward level for a catastrophic venture, tilting at sheep hurdles, whereupon demonstrating a nature best suited to the most curmudgeonly canine."

Steve - brilliant! Did you do that? I'd love to see some of TimeForm's remarks in the cards in that mode. "He appears to have forsaken his birthright of sport upon the greensward level for a catastrophic venture, tilting at sheep hurdles, whereupon demonstrating a nature best suited to the most curmudgeonly canine."

:lol::lol: ...I'm all for bringing more of this back!!!

Oh that it were me… it's Joyce, masquerading as a lost fragment from Cicero.

Last edited:
Meanwhile Clive Brittain -next proceeded to inspect his nag, which with its cracked hoofs and more blemishes than the steed of Gonela, that “tantum pellis et ossa fuit,” surpassed in his eyes the Bucephalus of Alexander or the Babieca of the Cid.

Meanwhile Clive Brittain -next proceeded to inspect his nag, which with its cracked hoofs and more blemishes than the steed of Gonela, that “tantum pellis et ossa fuit,” surpassed in his eyes the Bucephalus of Alexander or the Babieca of the Cid.

...but his rating isn't as high as the favourite.

Well spotted K !

I love that about Babieca and the dead weight - unfortunately there are too many Babiecas writing about racing .

Kennel Hill again ???

Glad you spotted the ghastly in-joke, Arders! As for KENNEL Hill - sounds like he may be very well named, woof-woof!

Crikey - don't have RUK, so missed his triumph, but the RP Analysis reads like a glowing testimonial! Perhaps someone read him the article about abandoned racehorses going for meat?

Back