to be with you, who can say.

We are sailing, we are sailing,
home again 'cross the sea.
We are sailing stormy waters,
to be near you, to be free.

Oh Lord, to be near you, to be free.
Oh Lord, to be near you, to be free,
Oh Lord.

It's all a con. With all the high-tec aboard it's a skoosh. And she's probably got an engine in there somewhere too. She's only putting on a show for the video diary. Once the camera's off she's got the cigars and brandy out watching reruns of past Cheltenhams.

Ellen Macarthur truly is an inspiration. What a girl. I just hope her historic achievement gets the coverage it deserves by the press and knocks so many of the "non stories" off the front pages.

WELL DONE ELLEN!!!

So will I Diminuendo - via the internet if I can.

Perhaps Ellen just doesn't float Colin's boat.... so to speak.

Driving home from work last night they were talking about the boat. Did you know the B & Q thing was only down one side. The other side was completely decked out in some sort of advert for the French equivalent of b & Q, which is also owned by the Kingfisher group. British TV was only ever allowed to show the B & Q side, and the French TV vice versa.

Thanks Brian. It certainly gives an insight into why some people do not think she is really not that remarkable.

I personally think she is one of the bravest young women of our time, and although she has a bigger, safer boat, satellite tracking etc etc. she is still out in the elements on her own and has beaten a world record.

A take my hat off to her and would cheer her in Falmouth if I was down there.

Trust Tony Blair to get some political mileage out of this outstanding achievement. It was announced before she had even reached dry land. :confused:

Brave or foolish?........... definitely an attention seeker, and what is the value in what she has done?

Dame , my arse!!!!!!!

................and yes, I did get out of the wrong side of the bed, has anyone got a problem with that?? :angy:

Colin

Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Feb 8 2005, 02:09 PM
................and yes, I did get out of the wrong side of the bed, has anyone got a problem with that?? :angy:

Colin
No, I am sure no one has a problem with that Colin! :unsure:

Back