Escorial Racing Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Melendez@Sep 12 2006, 09:16 PM

Part of the forum rules are that you should not promote commercial interests. Despite claiming to be a non-profit organisation, I don't expect Ron to be financially neutral with regard to the success of the site, so technically it would not be allowable.

Given questions arising from the initial post, and possibly inferences of highly favourable (to Ron) budgeting, and also given that the target market for his project would most likely include people who might read this forum, I would like to see him formally offered, and accepting, an invitation to discuss his project.
No forum rules are currently being contravened, as it was of course Brian who introduced the subject here, not Ron.

I don't see much point in discussing it on here - either you want to take up a subscription to Escorial Racing or you don't! It isn't being forced on anyone.

As long as their comments aren't libellous, it is also quite legitimate to discuss on here various aspects of his proposed business plan but as to him being offered a platform from which to promote it, that's down to Col. Can't say I think it a good idea, though but that's a purely selfish Moderator's viewpoint!

On a personal note - at least you lot got a letter - I certainly didn't :lol:

I refuse to believe that the venture is anything other than bona fide and I think those who suspect Escorial's motives need to take a closer look at themselves. No-one is forcing anyone to subscribe but it would be sad if a well-intended venture was hampered in Golden Freeze style by a few who possibly bear ill-will towards its originator.

I got lots of e-mails which stopped very recently, and I have'nt gorra letter, either. I feel crushed, crestfallen, unwanted and ignored. Does anyone have a Helpline number?

I don't see much point in discussing it on here - either you want to take up a subscription to Escorial Racing or you don't! It isn't being forced on anyone.

The point is it isn't being discussed. I would infer from the initial posting, whether intended or not, an implication that Ron is trying to goad people into parting with their cash to what they believe is a charitable cause, but also intends lining his own pockets. This may be the case, it may not, I have no absolutely no knowledge or insight.

I think it is unfair to let the initial posting, and subsequent postings, to go unchallenged. It would appear however that they will.

Originally posted by Desert Orchid@Sep 13 2006, 04:20 PM
I think those who suspect Escorial's motives need to take a closer look at themselves.
I have no reason to suspect Escorial's motives. I do suspect that his business model is somewhat fanciful in it's execution, which may lead to further questions being asked by investors in the future.

Originally posted by prince regent@Sep 13 2006, 11:29 AM
do u mean good for her or good for the members

is she a better tipster than a trainer not that that would be difficult
define a good trainer. if your talking good horse sbig races then no. but organising a touch round wolverhampton doesnt take to much brains & she had a few, so she cant be that bad.

Wish him well because he always seemed a decent chap , however the forum is undersubscribed at present and I think a charge might kill it outright . I'd love to see him explain it on Dragon's Den :D

Forum still down

No Email update from Ron either,not looking good for big launch now

What happened to this Escorial Racing, is it still active in any way?

Did anybody join and if it's not in operation, what happened to the monies from memberships etc?

Have people had any success with this? It always seemed to be promoted by a vocal and somewhat irritating woman named Katie I believe, wasn't she his racing manager or promoter of some sort?

Ron pulled the plug "for personal reasons" early last week.

No idea what will happen to any monies involved.

I have no idea who you mean by "It always seemed to be promoted by a vocal and somewhat irritating woman named Katie I believe, wasn't she his racing manager or promoter of some sort?"

....but Kathy might be along later to help you out on that one.;)

I am closing this thread (if i can figure out how to do it) as I believe the temptation to post something dodgy, from a legal perspective, will prove too great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back