Fair Along

Ardross

Senior Jockey
Don't you just love him when he is in form ?

Demolition job today - at his best he is the 3rd best staying hurdler in the country - shame is the other two are awesome and only one of them is going chasing .

I love him, in form or out. Such a neat, earnest wee chap - just wants to get it on (seemed really desperate to be making all this afternoon) and today was sparkling stuff. He's so no-muss, no-fuss - a tidy package in size and action and when he's tip-top, like today, he is a joy to watch.

Demolition job today - at his best he is the 3rd best staying hurdler in the country - shame is the other two are awesome and only one of them is going chasing .

He'd be further down the list if ID was still around. He might struggle to beat Mighty Man too. He's a very ordinary stayer.

Great to watch though, one of my favourite horses in training. I thought that was one of his best ever performances today.

He is what he is, a notch below the best, but he's a damn site better than very ordinary. Credit to Hobbs (and Rhys Flint) for getting him back showing enthusiasm, he looked for a while as if he'd gone the wrong way when they were persisting with him over fences.

No, he's not a 'very ordinary' stayer or anything else, DO. I can't imagine on what criteria you'd make that comment. Stayers, per se, aren't 'very ordinary' for starters - they are the most heroic of all of NH's panoply of types, certainly providing the biggest spectacles of the jumps race calendar and this particular little chap doesn't deserve your slur. I doubt you'd be averring that if you owned him.

Rated in the 160s, won on the Flat, chases, hurdles: Group 2 Chase and Hurdle wins and places, Pertemps Hurdle Qualifier, near enough £400,000 in prize money - yeah, really very ordinary.

Last edited:
He did it really well but Petitfour didn't jump well and No Refuge and Lough Derg needed the runs. Petitfour,as you'd expect with one of NTD's,looked really fit though so the winners enclosure beckons sooner rather than later me thinks.

Agree about Fair Along being a notch below the best -but his owner gave him some mention on Ch4 before todays race.Unfortunately I was banking profits with the Paddy Power meeting in mind.

Couldn't resist the 3s. Although he's not big it shouldn't be long before he goes chasing... could be very successful as a novice chaser. There are a small handful of exceptional staying hurdlers around and he's a bit short of those.

I love him, in form or out. Such a neat, earnest wee chap - just wants to get it on (seemed really desperate to be making all this afternoon) and today was sparkling stuff. He's so no-muss, no-fuss - a tidy package in size and action and when he's tip-top, like today, he is a joy to watch.

our friend had a 3/4 sister to him, which we hoped he would be able to sell to england, naturally. she was smallish and a bit plain, one or two guys came over to have a look at her, but nothing ever came out of it. he finally gave her away to some pony breeder. shame, isnt it?

Back