Fairyhouse Sunday

Thought Cork All Star ran a cracker there on that ground. Really impressed with how he was able to quicken up again after that stopping mistake at the last.

Yeah, he's been very disappointing since his Coral Cup win, but it looks like he's starting to show some of that promise again after a disastrous time last season.

Jumping much better this time around. Considering what he did at Cheltenham on good ground todays run was most encouraging.

Few observations from today..

In the Royal Bond I was impressed by both the winner and the runner-up.. as for whether Cork All-Star was unlucky (he definitely kept on again on the run-in) that is a matter of opinion I suppose but it certainly seems that Muirhead has a serious turn of foot away from the last.. if you go back and look at his maiden hurdle at Down Royal, he looked in trouble he looked in trouble running to the last, but was all over the runner-up (who, admittedly, is a dog) from the last in a matter of strides.. similar story today, though his burst was most probably accentuated by the momentum Cork All-Star lost at the last.. worth bearing in mind, especially for exchange backers..

Quite a good effort from Megan's Joy as well.. travelled really well again but just couldn't pick up on the ground.. serious, serious prospect on good ground.. Jered is another who will be much better back on a sound surface..

Will do the other races when I can be arsed.. :nuts:

Bit off topic, but did anyone watching the racing on RTE today catch Ted Walsh's impassioned defence of the hunt?

Was at the track myself so I missed it.. heard it was hysterical though..

Only saw Corks race and i thought she did superbly well. She a .... star :rolleyes:

Wheres she heading for next?

Not exactly sure Clive but just realised that I labelled Cork All-Star a "she" in my previous post.. pardon the slip..

Originally posted by trackside528@Dec 2 2007, 09:54 PM
Bit off topic, but did anyone watching the racing on RTE today catch Ted Walsh's impassioned defence of the hunt?

Was at the track myself so I missed it.. heard it was hysterical though..
yes. he likened it to how he cannot understand gay marriage and men visiting brothels. very funny

Back