Fairyhouse Sunday

A great race to watch - agree, it's maddening that some egg & spoon at Towcester has to take precedence over a race like that

Fantastic to see Aran Concerto do the job - will be better with a bit more of a cut in the ground. Bit stiff after but was sound heading back to the stableyard.

That Barker is decent alright - Arkle prospect, perhaps? :D

I've backed Browns Baily and The Last Derby here - I think the latter has a squeak on better ground

Have had an interesting mention for Prince Rudi in the 4.15 today, know nothing the horse but from a good source and at around 33/1 I'll have a small interest.

2nd behind the Fav and not unbacked into 20/1, winner won well though.

You wouldn't be saying that if your horse was in said 'egg and spoon' race.

Surely ( as in every other sport) the higher class racing should get the better coverage? Like showing a division 2 match when the Champions League final is on. The channels are there for the larger audience....not the owners!!

Was on a family holiday for the last week.The plan today was to arrive home in time for a nice dinner and a nice bet on Aran Concerto.Was delayed for 4 hours while my daughter participated in an easter egg hunt and swimming.Was driving when the big race came on the radio -I told the wife that Aran Concerto was sure to win asI hadn't backed it.
Most expensive easter egg hunt ever.

Surely ( as in every other sport) the higher class racing should get the better coverage? Like showing a division 2 match when the Champions League final is on. The channels are there for the larger audience....not the owners!!

Yes, that's true, but I think there should be coverage of every race, and that's why I hate it when ATR have their stupid split screens on. It just annoys me and if I had a runner in one of those races I would be a bit peeved when I got home, put the recording of the racing on to find that. I like the suggestion of Irish Racing having its own Channel and ATR should start one in the same way Racing UK have that other channel (although I'm not quite sure what it's for - American Racing, right?)

Yes, that's true, but I think there should be coverage of every race, and that's why I hate it when ATR have their stupid split screens on. It just annoys me and if I had a runner in one of those races I would be a bit peeved when I got home, put the recording of the racing on to find that. I like the suggestion of Irish Racing having its own Channel and ATR should start one in the same way Racing UK have that other channel (although I'm not quite sure what it's for - American Racing, right?)

Owners are a minority of the viewing public of ATR...the fact they might want to record it or see their horse surely has little or no baring on it? Obviously there are commercial reasons why they show the dross regardless of whats going on but for a sports fan of racing its infuriating.

Back