Falmouth Stakes

Guest_

At the Start
5 day stage. Surely he is not going to bring Finsceal Beo out again so soon after her disappointing run at The Curragh. Give her a break and bring her back for an Autumn campaign!?

Briseida 3.f
Darjina (FR) 4.f
Finsceal Beo (IRE) 4.f
Heaven Sent 5.m
Hip 3.f
Infallible 3.f
Kasumi 5.m
Lady Gloria 4.f
Love of Dubai (USA) 3.f
Majestic Roi (USA) 4.f
Nahoodh (IRE) 3.f
Saoirse Abu (USA) 3.f
Seachange (NZ) 6.m
Spacious 3.f

Yeah must be something up. I do note she has still been entered up later in the season so perhaps competing in both Guineas took its toll on her.

How does the July course mile compare to the Guineas mile in terms of stiffness?

Last edited:
Lush Lashes not entered in the Falmouth and bypassing the Pretty Pôlly, something very wrong with the filly must be happening , Bolger is not one to miss any race.

Darjina (FR)
Finsceal Beo (IRE)
Heaven Sent
Kasumi
Lady Gloria
Majestic Roi (USA)
Seachange (NZ)
Briseida
Hip
Infallible
Love of Dubai (USA)
Nahoodh (IRE)

I know. I suppose she must be eating up well at home. Darjina should be a short priced favourite for this but I can see the bookies overrating a Stoute animal as per and Heaven Sent will be shorter than she should be.

Odds over at : http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/flat/falmouth-stakes

To summarize....
Best Odds: Darjina (
steamer.gif
2) , Infallible (5
drifter.gif
) , Finsceal Beo (11/2
drifter.gif
) , Heaven Sent (7) , Seachange (10) , Majestic Roi (12) , Briseida (14) , Nahoodh (14) , Kasumi (25) , Lady Gloria (25) , Love of Dubai (66) Hip (200)

I see on the wires that Alain de RP is worried about ground for Darjina.

According to the BBC its due to rain quite heavily between now and Wednesday so it wouldn't be a surprise if the ground had the word soft in it somewhere. Although the favourite has won on soft ground I think she is far better on firmer ground so might be worth taking on if the ground eases. Infallible has yet to race on ground worse than soft but quite a number of Pivotals good progeny go on it so I wouldn't discount. Heaven Sent seems to handle the ground and looks to be progressing and with the ability to stay further than 8f would look to have a reasonable chance. Of the others both the German raider and Lady Gloria have run well on softish ground albeit at a lower level and might be interesting at the prices.

If the going does ease then I'll probably chance Heaven Sent with a small ew saver on Lady Gloria. If it remains good to firm then I think Darjina will be very hard to beat.

According to the BBC its due to rain quite heavily between now and Wednesday so it wouldn't be a surprise if the ground had the word soft in it somewhere. Although the favourite has won on soft ground I think she is far better on firmer ground so might be worth taking on if the ground eases. Infallible has yet to race on ground worse than soft but quite a number of Pivotals good progeny go on it so I wouldn't discount. Heaven Sent seems to handle the ground and looks to be progressing and with the ability to stay further than 8f would look to have a reasonable chance. Of the others both the German raider and Lady Gloria have run well on softish ground albeit at a lower level and might be interesting at the prices.

If the going does ease then I'll probably chance Heaven Sent with a small ew saver on Lady Gloria. If it remains good to firm then I think Darjina will be very hard to beat.

Thanks for the forecast Myles. I think Infallible will relish an ease in the going but I think over a mile it just might be too taxing for her.

Sounds like lovely July weather will be greeting racegoers…..:rolleyes:

Given that the July course is quite a stiff test, by all accounts, I would question Infallible getting the trip as well. Similar stamina doubts must also surely apply to Darjina if there is cut in the ground.

I'm led to believe, BTW, that Finsceal Beo is using Wednesday's race as a prep for the Sussex Stakes, which will subsequently put her right for the Nassau Stakes.. :D

Back