Family names / horse names

PRICEWISE2008

At the Start
At the risk of being shot by the hardened punters on here..My brothers wife gave birth to twin girls last week. Aoibhinn and Sarah..Winner of the first race at Limerick yesterday..Aoibhinn at 20/1 (75 on Betfair)..Tonight 7.10 Roscommon..Run For Charlie(my own son)..Anybody on here ever "struck it rich" purely by following a family members name??..Am reluctant to do so, but you've got to haven't you..:o:o

Running one of my own breds soon ,now it is handicapped. I called it Daison,as I`ve always wanted a son named Dai and never found a wife to accomodate me:rolleyes:

Given that I fully plan on naming my first son (or daughter) Leg and my second Spinner then in a round-about way it has worked, I suppose.

Well it's not realy his name but the day my son was born was also the day of the Greyhound Derby I was toldby "she who knows best" to go as she wanted a rest I was a little unsure what to make of this offer well what shall I back I asked looking down at my newborn son who had sliped out and be flung onto here she said "I'm Slippy" rank outsider 33/1 no chance I thourght "WRONG"it romped in and I had to pay her as I did'nt have the hart to tell her I backed the Fav.

At the risk of being shot by the hardened punters on here..My brothers wife gave birth to twin girls last week. Aoibhinn and Sarah..Winner of the first race at Limerick yesterday..Aoibhinn at 20/1 (75 on Betfair)..Tonight 7.10 Roscommon..Run For Charlie(my own son)..Anybody on here ever "struck it rich" purely by following a family members name??..Am reluctant to do so, but you've got to haven't you..:o:o

Charlie crawled home:p:p

Alot of people even the hardened punters I reckon have a tendancy to bet sentamentally or with superstition. I understood that it was to a certain extent all in the name, I guess because horses tend to be are named by ability/breeding/character. Any symbolism that provides a comfort zone of knowledge to good or past experiences will or should I say, should draw a person naturally(or not dependent on what the experience was). I think its the basis marketing works on and the feel good factor. Nothing better when a hunce turns out right, ask any copper.

Last edited:
Personally I always liked a horse in the 90s I think called JAFEICA which the owner told clare balding, stood for Just Another F*cking Expense I Can't Afford!!

My uncle is a big Chelsea supporter and holds them in such high regard he called a two year old filly in the 90s Atmospheric Blues. She finished fifth in the Coventary.

Back