Favourite Lines From Films/Television

simmo

Senior Jockey
We've had this before but I'm buggered if I can find the thread. What are your favourite lines from films or TV?

Mine would be something like:

Dammit Barbara, take off that pantyhose (Earthquake - no surprises there!)
It's Family! (Any episode of Eastenders, especially those with Ross Kemp)
It's Family! (The Americans, season 1)
IST EIN BEFEHL!!!! (Downfall)
Don't call me Shirley (Airplane)
This don't look like no expressway to me! (Blues Brothers)

You know nothing.....!!! Game of Thrones. Now constantly hurled around chez mo, especially at the poor unsuspecting grandchildren.

Don't google this if you don't know it:

There are only two things more beautiful than a good gun: a Swiss watch or a woman from anywhere. Ever had a good... Swiss watch?

(I'll put up the film later.)

Or

"It's the real article; genuine double-rectified busthead!"

Last edited:
The Outlaw Josey Wales

when Clint is hunted down by the bounty hunter..he asks the guy why he is a bounty hunter..and the guy says..its a living..Clint comes back with "Dying ain't much of a living boy"

love that line/delivery

"Do you know how many times I could have killed you? You are alive because I have allowed you to live, so you show me some GOD DAMN RESPECT!!!"
John Malkovich
"Well are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle dixie"
Clint Eastwood
"Suck on this"
Robert De Niro"

Last edited:
'You forgot the briefcase'.

Michael Douglas during an attempted mugging (Falling Down).

Hell, I was born here, an’ I was raished here, an’ dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me biscuit cutter

Blazing Saddles

Hell, I was born here, an’ I was raished here, an’ dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me biscuit cutter

Blazing Saddles

Quality frontier gibberish.

I know I'm being obvious, but

I'v seen things you people wouldn't believe… Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of
Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those… moments… will be lost in time, like tears… in… rain. Time… to die…

"Tattaglia's a pimp. He never coulda outfought Santino. But I didn't know until this day, that it was Barzini all along."

Last edited:
"Your father did business with Hyman Roth, he respected Hyman Roth.....but he never trusted Hyman Roth."

"I'm going in to take a nap. When I wake, if the money is on the table, I'll know I have a partner. If it isn't, I'll know I don't"

I distrust a man who says "when." If he's got to be careful not to drink too much, it's because he's not to be trusted when he does
Sydney Greenstreet - The Maltese Falcon

In the world of advertising, there's no such thing as a lie. There's only expedient exaggeration
Cary Grant - North by Northwest

The Englishman is never waited on at breakfast
Charles Dance - Gosford Park

Last edited:
they-pull-me-back-in-image.jpg

You see Danny, I can deal with the bullets, and the bombs, and the blood. I don't want money, and I don't want medals. What I do want is for you to stand there in that faggoty white uniform and with your Harvard mouth extend me some f*****g courtesy. You gotta ask me nicely.

"I strenuously object?" Is that how it works? Hm? "Objection." "Overruled." "Oh, no, no, no. No, I STRENUOUSLY object." "Oh. Well, if you strenuously object then I should take some time to reconsider."

eeehhhhh! I'm sorry, your time's run out! What do we have for the losers, judge? Well, for our defendants, it's a life time at exotic Fort Leavenworth! And, for defense counsel Kaffee, that's right, it's a court martial! Yes, Johnny! After falsely accusing a highly decorated Marine officer of conspiracy and perjury, Lieutenant Kaffee will have a long and prosperous career teaching... typewriter maintenance at the Rocco Globbo School for Women! Thank you for playing "Should we or should we not follow the advice of the galactically stupid!"

I was going to say wear matching socks.

Private Santiago is dead, and that is a tragedy. But he is dead because he had no code. He is dead because he had no honour, and God was watching.

May I call you John?
No you may not.

You keep thinking Butch, that's what you're good at.

This is what I call a target rich environment.
You live your life between your legs Mav.
Goose, even you could get laid in a place like this.
Hell, I'd be happy to just find a girl that would talk dirty to me

I distrust a man who says "when." If he's got to be careful not to drink too much, it's because he's not to be trusted when he does
Sydney Greenstreet - The Maltese Falcon

Marvelous. I may start using this in "real" life. (This forum is not real - it's just a figment of my imagination).

I'll add

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy (Life Of Brian)

From now on, I want you all to call me Loretta (Life Of Brian)

You must bring us aaaaaaa SHRUBBERY!!! (Holy Grail)

Never get out of the boat!!!! (Apocalypse Now)

These are not the droids you are looking for (Star Wars - just Star Wars, the way it used to be billed, not Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope)

Back