Festival Accommodation

Grasshopper

Senior Jockey
If anyone knows of any rental properties in Cheltenham for the Festival, I'd be grateful if they would let me know.

Thanks to the ongoing popularity of the Festival - plus the opportunity to occasionally glimpse member Digger (or Digger's member) in his drawers - the party travelling down from Auld Reekie has now out-grown the digs we have stayed-in for the last several years.

We're looking for a gaff to rent for the week - Monday to Saturday - that has 3 bedrooms, or enough to sleep 5 at any rate.

All help is appreciated, though please don't reply with links to Liz Coe's site - we've already tried her, and she is bat-**** crazy.

Cheers
Grass

Last edited:
Have put some feelers out on a local website I'm registered with Grassy, will let you know if I get any feedback.

It's a wonder she gets any business at all if she hasn't updated it since 1986.

Last edited:
The last couple of times I needed accom I contacted the tourist office and they gave me a list of houseowners willing to offer B&B for the weekend.

They might have a similar list for houses.

The last couple of times I needed accom I contacted the tourist office and they gave me a list of houseowners willing to offer B&B for the weekend.

They might have a similar list for houses.

We might give that a bash, DO, though we've tried Air BnB and there's not much that's suitable........i.e. within reasonable staggering-distance, if we fail to blag our way to the front of the taxi queue.

No. Pat tried to book but sold out. It looks like we're going to end up basing ourselves in the marquee we used on Friday last year.

Nothing settled yet, but probably the Long Run boxes down opposite the second-last on the New Course.

I will be doing my Baby Herman routine on the balcony with a Montecristo No.2, as usual.

Good decision. We go on the Thursday......how does that work out with your flights?

Last edited:
We're considering staying in Bristol (x6, will have car.) Has anybody a logistic opinion in whether or not this is practacle?

Back