Festival Accommodation

Thanks DG.

Supplementary question: We will go from Rosslare to Pembroke on the Monday. First time I have not flown to festival. Route Planner tells me that the drive is 3.5 Hours to Bristol. Has anybody done this drive before and is this broadly accurate?

Depends who's driving and what time of day. If you're out of peak hours you can do it in a little over two and half.

Much will hinge on what time you hit Bristol which is seriously congested most of the time. Add to that the M32 is going to be closed night times for most of 2016 as they are installing a metro bus route. I'd avoid Bristol if I were you unless it's on the fringes.

You got any more gen on this gaff down by the hospital, DG? How many bedrooms, split of Doubles/Twins etc?

Can take this to PM if you prefer?

Cheers
N

Bad option surely. You won't find Digger for the whole week if it's anywhere near the nurses home.

Pretty sure it's four bedrooms, will go PM if she wants to go ahead as there will have to be mobile numbers involved.

The first time I arrived by train there was a guy with beer gut, red complexion, jet black hair and pony tail wearing "dealer " boots offering bed and breakfast for £ 30 a night according to his hand written cardboard box sign. Dodgy wasn't in it.
I wondered how far from the racecourse the halting site was but was afraid to ask.

The first time I arrived by train there was a guy with beer gut, red complexion, jet black hair and pony tail wearing "dealer " boots offering bed and breakfast for £ 30 a night according to his hand written cardboard box sign. Dodgy wasn't in it.
I wondered how far from the racecourse the halting site was but was afraid to ask.

Was that the first time you met Grasshopper?

Probably not. Although you can't blame Ed for not realising. By the time Digger's been over him with the TCP and wire wool you wouldn't recognise him.

Boss used to train up from Dursley to cheltenham, easy to get a seat,said taxis were simple the other side because everyone is going to the racecourse - so it could be worth you boys looking nearer to cheltenham but still on the train route? The places round Purton were always full of the foreign photographers, but I dare say there would be plenty of accommodation in the towns en route ( if maybe a little rustic for you all !)

Back