Festival Highs and Lows

Don't bet so no punting highs or lows

Sporting High ? BINOCULAR, probaby

Sporting Low ? Ruby Walsh's sheer ignorance in riding KS back - who, incidentally, was reported to be extremely sore and stiff by Clifford just before the end of the meeting, so God knows what the horse is life this morning...

Punting high - Sizing Europe.

Punting Low - Weird Al not making it to the RSA.

Sporting High - Mister Mcgoldrick.

Sporting Low - The cheers that went up in the boozer I was in when Kauto Star fell.

I was thanking the existence of the all-weather for turning a disastrous punting week into a marginally profitable one, not engaging in any of that puerile "Flat is better than jumps; no, jumps is better than Flat" nonsense. :rolleyes:

Lingfield is no longer local, krizon, so I won't be there. Hope you have a good day.

Sporting Low - The cheers that went up in the boozer I was in when Kauto Star fell.

:mad:

There were a few gleeful sorts in my local yesterday evening. The sorts that like to see a champion fail. Is this an English thing?

Kauto's fall and the equine fatalities were my sporting lows.

Punting low: Most of the meeting, as usual, but especially Rite of Passage.

Punting high: Sanctuaire.

Sporting high: Big Buck's.

Punting Highs: Backing Buena Vista, Mister McGoldrick, Faasel, Arcalis and Radium all e/w.

Punting lows: None really.

Sporting Highs: Imperial Commander, watching Mister Mcgoldrick jump for fun and Lacdoudal running a big race in the XC. Watching the fallers who were OK get up.

Lows: The deaths and the idiot standing next to me on the lawns who was yelling at the leader to fall coming to the last. Grow up.

High; Binocular in the Champion Hurdle

Low; Master Minded blowing out in the Champion. Missing the entire last two days of the meeting!!!

Low - the amount of people who came on here aftertiming yesterday, especially after the last.

Punting High - Sizing Europe / Albertas Each way double

Punting Low - Buying the favourites index (fook me that was expensive)

Sporting Low - Citizen Vic

Sporting High - Zaynar coming back in one piece / Restless Harry getting up

Punting wise N/A as I don't bet but great to read some of you made a good few quid this week.

Sporting Highs: Mister McGoldrick, got to just love him. Restless Harry getting up, AP and Binocular, seeing the likes of Brave Inca parading etc. and looking so fantastic in their new lives.

Sporting Lows: Obviously the fatalities. Barizan getting pegged back.
Watching in disbelief at Ruby riding Kauto back in after taking that horrific fall.

Punting High - Pigeon Island almost saving my meeting but had done too much damage already.:(

Punting Low - Big bet to place Carruthers in Gold Cup -beaten in photo for 3rd & my biggest bet of meeting on Noble Prince E/W beaten in photo for 4th in County Hurdle.

Punting high - Sizing Europe -followed by Pigeon Island.

Punting low -Picking an ew double Kayf Aramis (5 places)33/1 and Powerstation 40/1 and not going through with it.

Sporting High -Sizing Europe

Sporting Low-I thought Barizan was very brave and its a shame he couldn't win.Go Native not performing.

another favourite moment was my conversation with my mate who had insisted that Sommersby would win - and my telling her that Sizing Europe would have him...

"hello you"

" I thought it would take too long to text ner ner ne ner ner...."

"sod off"

:D

Punting High: Ballabriggs

Punting Low: Tranquil Sea

Sporting Highs: Big Buck's and Binocular

Sporting Lows: The fatalities and Kauto's fall

Incredibly hard being back in work today.I gave it 100 per cent last week and I still physically and mentally shattered.

Punting High- Sizing Europe / Quevega / Ballabriggs

Punting Low- Everything else:o:o

Sporting high & low..Had Barizan at 28's in the Triumph..oh so nearly:mad:

Punting High:

Sizing Europe. Biggest bet of the week. Only two other winners (both 12s), but both were small bets.
Punting Low:
Being stupid enough to back Twist Magic. Losing half my tank on the Friday.

Sporting High:
Binocular.

Sporting Low:
Seeing Kauto fall.

Punting High: Arcalis at 10/1 for a place in the County hurdle :D

Punting Low: Not backing Big Zeb at 10s :(

Sporting High: Seeing Big Zeb prove the doubters wrong....Colm Murphy has now won two of the four championship races in just 10 years training and really only 6 years with more than a dozen horses. World hurdle and Gold Cup to go.

Sporting Low: Kauto's fall (and Ruby riding him back) and Citizen Vic's demise

Punting wise, no real highs or lows, I'm strictly small stakes only so my big (for me) bet on Sizing Europe covered all losses and gave a little extra

Sporting highs -
Sizing Europe's win, he's a real favourite of mine
seeing the delight on connections faces after a win, particularly the young jockeys
Big Buck's win - he's a real class horse
seeing Restless Harry stand up

Lows -
the losses of Casey Jones, Citizen Vic, Izita Star and Fairyland - I'd happily have exchanged my winnings (such as they were) for them all to come home safely
Dunguib being beaten
Kauto's fall and subsequent remounting

Back