Festival Previews 2019

I don't understand his quote re Sir Erec, humour aside. How is it any different from a colt lining up in the Arc for example ?

Last edited:
Are these preview evenings losing their appeal?

Maybe somebody can correct me but do we not usually by now have page upon page of reports from them from all over the isles?

Having been to a couple, I can't say I'd rush to go back to another. The agenda of the paid guests appears to be, based on my experience of them, to put away as many people as possible.

Last edited:
I'm going to a StarSports one tonight in South Croydon if anybody else is attending. The downside (other than it being in South Croydon) is Luke Harvey is on the panel.

Some Davy Russell quotes from a preview last night :lol:

Handicaps: l "The Storyteller getting 14Ibs is f**king scandalous"
He's either stupid, drunk or taking the p*** (and he isn't stupid).

This was flagged up as a plot months ago. Weeks ago, it was also flagged up as a flawed plot, on account of the UK handicapping rules being different from Ireland. I thought that he would get 150 to 155 and I daresay that they added a few on for cheek. He's won and been placed in G1 chases fercrissakes.

I'm going to a StarSports one tonight in South Croydon if anybody else is attending. The downside (other than it being in South Croydon) is Luke Harvey is on the panel.

This was good craic.

Best bit of the night was Luke Harvey replying to somebody tipping Faugheen for the stayers

“He’s older than that bird I shagged last night”

Luke from sponsors Star Sports “Be careful what you say, he’s only 11”

Are these preview evenings losing their appeal?
I think with most people having YouTube now access to them on that channel means interest in more underground ones in hotels have no interest for people. And ultimately I think the views of punters like Andy Holding are of more interest than those of jockeys

This was good craic.

Best bit of the night was Luke Harvey replying to somebody tipping Faugheen for the stayers

“He’s older than that bird I shagged last night”

Luke from sponsors Star Sports “Be careful what you say, he’s only 11”

:lol:

Think I'll watch the ATR one, I quite like Blake.

Think the OLBG one last year was a decent enough one, as was the betfair one.

i'll brave the ATR one tomorrow night but will have to cringe my way through kennedy's offerings. the armadillo sh*t last year was painful.

have loads of time for blake but he sadly gets dragged down by the above when they're together.

i'll brave the ATR one tomorrow night but will have to cringe my way through kennedy's offerings. the armadillo sh*t last year was painful.

have loads of time for blake but he sadly gets dragged down by the above when they're together.
Very true

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

The FF Preview Podcasts are bearable because it's a lot easier to put up with Kennedy when you're listening to insight from Rory and Blake.

Last edited:
I think with most people having YouTube now access to them on that channel means interest in more underground ones in hotels have no interest for people. And ultimately I think the views of punters like Andy Holding are of more interest than those of jockeys

It's a bit overkill now - I haven't bothered with any this year at all

With Twitter as it is and multiple podcasts, I think people are less interested in them overall

Boylesports one Was on the radio tonight

Ted Walsh tore into Leon Blanche every time he could. Doubt he'd have done the same for P Power. Blanche shown up for the inept clown he is

Puppy power did mention that Barry G told him after the last day out at Cheltenham that paisley park won at that supasundaae and Penhill would destroy PP come March

Back