Fighting Fifth Hurdle

Nearly twenty years ago now that Charlie Brooks trained the winners of this (Padre Mio) and the Hennessy (Couldn't Be Better), not sure if it's happened since ? but you could argue a case for Alan King doing so today with Sceau Royal and Slad Place, a double that would pay 47-1.

Can't have Apples Jade or Irving.I like the straight forecast Sceau Royal to beat Petit Mouchoir with a saver on Hidden Cyclone at 25s.

Hope Petit Mouchoir is alright. Looked a nasty fall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah a family member who is a better judge than myself likes Irving. I smell a reverse forecast (with Apples Jade).

Happy days. I was at the track today. Plenty winners and did a tenner reverse forecast which paid 17/1 in the Fifth. Apples Jade a very unlucky loser. I was counting my win bet.

Sceau Royal busy schedule got to him while Irving bounced back to his best. At least you can say AJ was unlucky, she wouldn't even be in this race with Mullins. Look at NC, he's keep pushing that he's a stayer when in fact he lost a Neptune for lacking stamina and was outstayed in a 3 mile US race by an inferior horse to what he'll encounter in the WH. If NC was with any other trainer they'll be set in stone for the CH given his profile of 7 G1s around that distance, but with Mullins he'll be sacrificed just like he tried and failed with Arctic at the start of last season.

I suspect Yorkhill will be re-routed to the Champion Hurdle rather than Nicholls Canyon who is already stated as being targeted at the World Hurdle.

If Mullins really has suggested that Nicholls Canyon will go the World Hurdle route, it is likely to be dependent on Faugheen or Annie or both, making it to the Champion Hurdle.

Pushing NC up to 3m - when he has done almost all his winning in Graded class at 2m - would be mystifying, frankly.

Can't have Apples Jade or Irving.I like the straight forecast Sceau Royal to beat Petit Mouchoir with a saver on Hidden Cyclone at 25s.

My other bet today was each way on Blaklion at 14/1 in the Hennessy-ante post -4 places.

I suspect Yorkhill will be re-routed to the Champion Hurdle rather than Nicholls Canyon who is already stated as being targeted at the World Hurdle.

They have left things very open with NC. No firm plans after the last day.

bellshill was very impressive today which could lead to Yorkhill staying hurdling.

I don't think anyone involved with NC and Yorkhill really believes the latter to be anywhere near NC's league. If they'd been then he would've taken part in the Morgiana. NC plan this season was for the staying races, Mullins says so here: https://soundcloud.com/sportinglife/willie-mullins-morgiana-hurdle-nichols-canyon therefore him being brought back into a 2m race once F and AP were out, just shows no one thinks of Yorkhill anywhere near that level to even be considered. Yorkwill go chasing and more likely JLT following Vautour route.

NC best performances came at Punchestown which is a much stiffer course than people think. He got beat alot worse at Aintree over an intermediate trip so why will he be kept for a race that he doesn't have stamina for ? Then again why would Mullins target him at the WH in the first place..

He was gone for the season by the time Aintree came round last season. Bypassing Cheltenham which doesn't have a race for him is therefore the best plan of action

Back