Fighting Fifth

It was disappointing given the running of the front two but one can't fail to have been impressed with Go Native. Trackside mentioned it and I agree, the way he done that yesterday was very Harchibald esque. He has won at Cheltenham last year and I can't wait to see him at Kempton now

I fancied (but didn't bet) Solwhit on the basis that no matter how the race was run he'd have too much toe for Binocular. That part was right. An unsatisfactory race all in all, though, and not likely to have too much bearing on the Champion Hurdle.

I'd agree, although Solwhit ran much as I expected him to. Binocular was very disappointing. Celestial Halo, Punjabi and Zaynar appear to have the edge as far as I can see at the moment. Binocular could well put this behind him next time out, although I don't subscribe to the view that it was the way the race was run that beat him. The FF was a funny sort of race. I'm not sure what we can say about it.

Don't think anybody is saying Binocular was anything other than dissapointing, Gal - probably moreso than Hurricane Fly in my opinion.

What was so funny about the Punchestown race?

Binocular was very disappointing. HF was very disappointing. The difference is we know the former can run to a Champion Hurdle winning mark... we don't know that about HF who has to improve a great deal on all known form to get close.

Back