Flood horse wins

Nice story, GA.

On a side issue, I see the distance of the race, for 3yos, was only 400m. Are there many such races in Aus?

Brilliant story, GA - worthy of a film in itself! By the way, on the subject of the horrors of those floods, I know I asked months ago, but did they ever find the body of the Turf Club guy who was swept away on top of his car? Have all bodies been found, in fact? It happened so fast and so strong that I'm just glad that more fatalities didn't occur.

I think the race was 800m, and yes they do have a few tracks that race at 4f, primarily Queensland tracks. Though the inner track (Kensington) at Randwick has short races at this distance. There is a race at Bundall track on the Gold Coast called the Bat Out of Hell its 9 1/2f. Very fast action packed event!

Kri, they never found the poor bloke. I still remember it like yesterday, one moment he was there, next minute he was gone. The worst for me, was seeing the family in the river banging on the windscreen, and next minute they had gone.

Have I set you off? I said 400m when I meant 4f, and you might mean 900m rather than 9 1/2f ?

Back