Forum meet up

Every now and then, there's a stampede and hundreds get crushed;

Tatts on Gold Cup day.

buildings collapse

Nearly happened when they cancelled the Wednesday a couple of years back.

the occasional madman shoots people

That will happen if Gillespie puts on a fifth day.

......dehydration, collapse and heart attack are regular features, and not a few die from exhaustion

All constant dangers if you're there for the whole week. In fact, it zounds even more like the Hajj than I first imagined. :cool:

Thats what they all say. Its the onset of memory loss, repetition and a nurse shouting WHOS THE PRIME MINISTER?

That was for the Paddy Power, not the Festival.

I was referring to Forum Meet Ups rather than the Festival .

Songsheet's picnics at Goodwood, K on the O & Ts at Brighton , Alan Morgan's memorial day and Steve M cleaning York out when backing Shamardal come to mind in particular

Alan's memorial day at Lingers - "that's the closest he's been to the winning line in years!" tribute from his wife, as his ashes were scattered by the lollipop. Marvellous.

That easy? I don't think so. :)

Cheltenham is so much more than just a race meeting. It is a chance to get away with pals for a week, make derring-do, catch-up with old friends, and to generally indulge in all manner of japes and wheezes.

I'm not going to tell you I don't look forward to the Festival - I do. But just because it is the premier meeting, doesn't mean that the rest don't matter, or are merely hors d'houvres to the main course - they're not. They are great and important meetings in their own right.

My final words on the subject. :cool:

Last edited:
Oh, that looks like a mid-March meeting at Wolverhampton's still on the cards, then!

I've just decided not to work at Lingfield any more from the end of February, so that can go suck its own toes. I am going to Royal Ascot in the RE on the Friday, though, with a couple of chumettes, which will more than make up in pretentious ostentation for anything else I miss.

Back