Frankel

And it has to be a balanced view; I sympathise with some of the arguments against but from a top down perspective this was a good decision in my book and like them or not the Ascot PR machine ensures a good crowd and a sense of occasion.

Having been to Arc day I'll be interested to see how Champions day matches up.

And it has to be a balanced view; I sympathise with some of the arguments against but from a top down perspective this was a good decision in my book and like them or not the Ascot PR machine ensures a good crowd and a sense of occasion.

Having been to Arc day I'll be interested to see how Champions day matches up.

I'm struggling to understand why, in this instance, a top down perspective would be different from a bottom up perspective. Or indeed a side-on view. In fact, I'm having difficulty seeing who is at the top of this imaginary perspective and who is at the bottom in order to visualise how things would be different and why one type of view should be more important than the other.

As long as the decision proves itself over time to be dolphin friendly then I approve.

Because the view that takes all factors into consideration is more balanced than that of one or a collection of individuals with similar motivations.

Because the view that takes all factors into consideration is more balanced than that of one or a collection of individuals with similar motivations.

So a top down view isn't a top down view at all - it's a balanced view? That makes much more sense.

Twittering rumours again

Oh yes, I've just seen something from Get Your Tips Out that he has been retired. I wouldn't have thought this is informed, but simply mischief. Don't give it the satisfaction of an RT.

Last edited:
If the ground is soft in a couple of weeks how likely is it that Frankel will run in the QEII? Cirrus Des Aigles will beat him on deep ground.

That was neither a strong field, nor a large penalty, but his superiority over his rivals was incredible.

135+ in my figs after a break
140 proper horse on this conditions

Frankel would have to be at his best to beat this beast

Just looking back through old threads, I posted this in September 2009:

Cirrus Des Aigles has been racking up the place finishes in listed races in the provinces and in what looks like a open G3 with a dead-eight field I'll be keeping an eye on how the place market forms.

:D

Cirrus has run in 10 group 1's since 2010 and been beaten seven times. He's run in five group 2's in that time and been beaten twice. A very good horse but not in the same league as Frankel. The conditions would need to be biblically bad for him to get close.

Cirrus is a decent horse in his own right , but Frankel is in a totally different league. He won't get near him in 2 weeks time, ground won't be a factor either...

Frankel is a mid 140s horse at his best.

Cirrus Des Aigles is a good ten pounds inferior.

But, if the ground is genuinely soft on Champions Day I think the combination of that and the fact that the short straight at Ascot won't allow Frankel to get into full pelt brings them close together. Add in that Frankel has been in training since May and you have the possibility that he could run well below form with all those factors taken into account. I took 18 and 16 on the machine about the French gelding a week or so back and will top up nearer the race if it looks like it will be soft.

Back