French Flat Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Bruce_Savage
  • Start date Start date
B

Bruce_Savage

The French Flat scene deserves its own thread because there is tremendous value to be found across the shores of unknown potential stars that come across the channel and deliver goods.

You can't epitomize enough at how well French horses are trained towards a career defining target and the country holds some of the best and natural trainers in the world.

_48746781_makfi.jpg

Special_Duty_1628404c.jpg

Saphresa.jpg

dabirsim_2640129.jpg

Main Fixtures
http://www.horseracingintfed.com/racingDisplay.asp?section=7

Prix Allez France
Prix de Guiche
Prix du Jockey Club
Prix de Sandringham
Prix du Gros–Chene
Grand Prix de Chantilly
Prix de Royaumont
Prix Paul de Moussac
Prix de Diane – Longines
Prix du Chemin de Fer du Nord
Prix du Lys
Prix Jean Prat
Prix du Bois
Prix Chloe
Prix d'Arenberg
Prix Eclipse
Prix de Psyche
Prix Rothschild
Prix de Cabourg–Jockey Club de Turquie
Prix Maurice de Gheest
Prix de Pomone–Haras d'Etreham
Prix Gontaut–Biron–Hong Kong Jockey Club
Prix du Haras de Fresnay–le–Buffard–Jacques Le Marois
Prix Minerve
Lucien Barriere Grand Prix de Deauville
Prix Noailles
Prix Ganay
Prix de Barbeville
Prix Vanteaux
Prix Vicomtesse Vigier
Prix du Palais–Royal
La Coupe
Prix de la Porte Maillot
Prix Daphnis
Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris
Prix Maurice de Nieuil
Prix du Pin
Prix La Rochette
Prix de Lutece
Prix d'Aumale
Qatar Prix Vermeille
Qatar Prix du Moulin de Longchamp
Qatar Prix Niel
Qatar Prix Foy
Qatar Prix Gladiateur
Qatar Prix du Petit Couvert
Prix des Chenes
Prix du Prince d'Orange
Qatar Prix Daniel Wildenstein
Qatar Prix Chaudenay
Qatar Prix Dollar
Qatar Prix de Royallieu
Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe
Qatar Prix Jean–Luc Lagardere Grand Criterium
Prix Marcel Boussac–Criterium des Pouliches
Longines – Prix de l'Opera
Qatar Prix de l'Abbaye de Longchamp
Qatar Prix du Cadran
Qatar Prix de la Foret
Prix du Conseil de Paris
Prix de Conde
Prix Royal–Oak
Prix Imprudence
Prix Djebel
Prix Messidor
Prix de Ris–Orangis
Prix Eugene Adam–Grand Prix de Maisons–Laffitte
Prix Robert Papin
La Coupe de Maisons Laffitte
Criterium de Maisons–Laffitte
Prix Miesque
Prix de Seine–Et–Oise
Prix Andre Baboin–Grand Prix des Provinces
Prix Exbury
Prix Edmond Blanc
Prix Penelope
Prix du Muguet
Prix Greffulhe
Prix Cleopatre
Prix Corrida
Grand Prix de Saint–Cloud
Abu Dhabi Prix de Malleret
Prix Thomas Bryon
Prix de Flore
Criterium International
Prix Perth
Criterium de Saint–Cloud
Prix Fille de l'Air
Grand Prix de Vichy–Auvergne

NEXT GROUP RACE

Prix Allez France @ Chantilly (GRP3)

Last edited:
the unbeaten dabirsim looked very impressive at the arc meeting coming from last to first in the home straight.not a bad investment for 30.000 euros.

A horse I really like is Golden Lilac. I'm pleased they've let her run this year and hope they bring her over for something.

A horse I really like is Golden Lilac. I'm pleased they've let her run this year and hope they bring her over for something.

I like her too Simon.

There was a Yearling by Hurricane Run out of Grey Lilas sold in 2010 - wonder if we'll ever get to see him on the racetrack?. He would of course be three years old now and might pop up in a maiden in France somewhere if he's still in training.

B, C, y, Hurricane Run — Grey Lilas (Danehill)
Ammerland KG from Jamie Railton, Agent
GNS 150,000
Vendor

I like her too Simon.

There was a Yearling by Hurricane Run out of Grey Lilas sold in 2010 - wonder if we'll ever get to see him on the racetrack?. He would of course be three years old now and might pop up in a maiden in France somewhere if he's still in training.

GNS 150,000
Vendor

She's not in training anywhere, so has presumably been injured and probably kept for breeding based on how well bred she is.

Do you mean emphasise? And if so why is this particularly the case in France rather than anywhere else?

e·pit·o·mize/iˈpitəˌmīz/
Verb:
Be a perfect example of.
Give a summary of (a written work)

You can't get a better example than French Horses who are trained towards a career defining target.

Regards
Bruce.

I like her too Simon.

GNS 150,000
Vendor

Gusty Gale wasn't sold at Tatts, he was bought back by Ammerland.

...I know what epitomise means Bruce, it just doesn't make sense in the sentence you used it in.

I thought it made perfect sense in the grand scheme of where the sentence was heading and what topic it was based around.

Regardless, I wish to answer your question to keep debate at a healthy level of decorum.

The French Horse Racing traditions are ebbed deep within the mindset of the public, the training regimes of the trainers, the mentality and mannerisms of the French thoroughbred.

The structure out there is unique in the way it allows a genuine talented horse what ever age to progress with time through a unparalleled fixture list of great scope, fortune and depth within the season.

Anyone with a vested interest in French Horse Racing knows that it's the purest form of Horse Racing going from the picturesque backdrops to the reserved and calm natured environment of the racecourse. The most striking thing about French racing is the modesty within the training, owners and even the fans because you'll rarely hear someone overstating the prospects of a horse and you'll rarely ever hear positive signs coming from the yard unless the horse has proven themselves in the right company, on the right day and in the right fashion.

Where as many of us around Europe, mainly Ireland and Britain we're very loose with our words, extreme in our approach of expecting imminent prosperity dictated by a regime that forces the thoroughbred into early retirement or injuries and the hundreds of horses that are routinely used for monetary purposes.

The French treat their horses like animals - that's the difference.

Weatherbys - I just double checked and he's shown as named on Blood Horse and Equineline too.

Thanks. Does it say where he is? He's not in France, Germany, the UK or Ireland, so presumably at stud or just out of training?

You blatantly haven't met the same owners and breeders I do day to day.

French Trainers will let a horse tell them when they are ready not like over here were we have targets and a horse must run and be trained for them. Take St Nicholas Abbey, he clearly wasn't ready to be run in a 2000 Guineas but he was run in it, if that horse was trained by Andre Fabre there is no way he would of run and possibly wouldn't have been seen in a Group 1 untill he was 4.

Last edited:
French Trainers will let a horse tell them when they are ready not like over here were we have targets and a horse must run and be trained for them. Take St Nicholas Abbey, he clearly wasn't ready to be run in a 2000 Guineas but he was run in it, if that horse was trained by Andre Fabre there is no way he would of run and possibly wouldn't have been seen in a Group 1 untill he was 4.

Bollocks - there's trainers who will wait and trainers who will push them in every country. There's also pushy owners and those happy to give the horse time in every country.

Bollocks - there's trainers who will wait and trainers who will push them in every country. There's also pushy owners and those happy to give the horse time in every country.

Name me the last racehorse to die on course in France, I could certainly tell you the name of an English one in a heartbeat.

Back