French Flat Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Bruce_Savage
  • Start date Start date
Normally up until the EP's go up with the bookmakers or if you want any serious money matched then the shows are put up.

Sadly wrong myself but good call with FF Bruce and Abtaal finishing runner-up too.

Martin

PRIX LA FORCE (GROUP 3) (3YO) (10F)

Beauvoir
Saint Loup
Tifongo
Loverdose
Saonois
Psyche

PRIX D'HARCOURT (GROUP 2) (4YO+) (10F)

Vadamar
Poet
War Is War
Vodkato
Saga Dream
Giofra

Two races from Longchamp Sunday.

The first race I think it's quite safe to say everyone should be having their money on Beauvoir who looks to be a class above this lot, only danger could be Tifongo but he looks more likely to need 14f+.

Tempting to leave all Saturday racing & just to go in on Beauvoir on Sunday.

Last edited:
The French Guineas runs today and I've not spotted any mention of it...?

A O'B is mobhanded in the fillies and has the useful (?) Furner's Green in the colts. Darbrisim is looking to regain his crown after Soumillion's antics last time out - to the point that they've leased Veneto as a pacemaker for him for the day..... Will Dragonpulse reel him in again?

Dragon Pulse for me. Besides AOB's, there are two other Coolmore fillies in the Pouliches - Wachman's Fire Lily and Fabre's Petite Noblesse, but, while several of them are good, possibly even very good (PN?), Beauty Parlour looks the business. Dragon Pulse and Beauty Parlour - not very daring choices!

I thought Soumillon was taking the **** as usual on Beauty Parlour and for a split second I thought she was in trouble, but no chance of that. Nice run from out back by Up; would presume they'll take on BP again in the Diane.

Desperately sad to see what happened yesterday. Not sure was this on TV, but Joseph was hobbling back down the track and looked very shook and upset, and had to stop several times. Furner's Green looked the best horse in the race, but all 3 Group races were desprately below par. I wouldn't be keen on following anything from any of them.

On a more positive note, Ridasiyna put in a very impressive performance in what looked a strong maiden (on breeding at least). The way she put the race to bed coming round the bend was seriously impressive; one to follow.

They got very squeezed up and short of room. The first 10 occupied no more than a couple of lengths. Seems FG was struck into and catapulted Joseph just after the line.

Dabirsim looked a bit unlucky and FG very unlucky.

Last edited:
They got very squeezed up and short of room. The first 10 occupied no more than a couple of lengths. Seems FG was struck into and catapulted Joseph just after the line.

Dabirsim looked a bit unlucky and FG very unlucky.

Dabirsim was definitely not unlucky. Soumillon stated afterward that he just did not have the required change of gear at a mile to take his shot when it presented itself.

Dabirsim was definitely not unlucky. Soumillon stated afterward that he just did not have the required change of gear at a mile to take his shot when it presented itself.

It's hard to say, he was squeezed up and wasn't beaten far after having to readjust. It could also be that he will be put back to sharper trips, but I'd be inclined to give him another chance.

Having watched the race again i'm inclined to agree with Steve here. I think this was another **** up by Soumillon. If he'd gone outside (rather than going for the inner) when they came round the bend I think he would have been a lot closer. He made up the ground when he got into the clear but ran out of puff in the last half furlong when he had to go through the gap between first and second.

Saying that the form is still rubbish so I wouldn't be backing him next time.

I wonder how the owner of the second feels as he was leased for the day wasn;t he? I doubt they expected him to finish second in a guineas!!!!!

Have to respectfully disagree with both of you. Horse used up way too much energy in the early going. Be very surprised if they dont cut back his trip to say 6 furlongs. Even last year I never thought of him as a miler.

...you may well be right. My impression was he could have gone closer though and he was already pretty close.

We protect our corporate tax rate....the French the inside stalls in their Guineas. The best horse lost it's life sadly yesterday...shame on the French Jockey Club.

Have to respectfully disagree with both of you. Horse used up way too much energy in the early going. Be very surprised if they dont cut back his trip to say 6 furlongs. Even last year I never thought of him as a miler.

I'd agree with that; and his July Cup entry suggests the stable always had their own suspicions anyway.

I agree he used himself too much early on which is part of the reason I was impressed he finished so close (and could have been closer). This is either the mark of a sprinter as you say or of a miler that his rider didn't get to settle and by pulling too hard couldn't find the last bit of energy to regroup and quicken at the end of the race. The jockey may well have recommended he revert to sprinting to cover his embarrassment, but if I owned him I'd try him at a mile first.

We protect our corporate tax rate....the French the inside stalls in their Guineas. The best horse lost it's life sadly yesterday...shame on the French Jockey Club.

You're going to have to explain what it is you are trying to say here?

You're going to have to explain what it is you are trying to say here?

That you couldn't buy a low draw over a mile in a longchamp group one unless you're up to your nuts in snails and baguettes. Furners green was definitely the best horse on Sunday...a rigged draw cost him a life at stud. But hey,that's what they call racing.

Last edited:
That you couldn't buy a low draw over a mile in a longchamp group one unless you're up to your nuts in snails and baguettes. Furners green was definitely the best horse on Sunday...a rigged draw cost him a life at stud. But hey,that's what they call racing.

Bit much?

Brendan, I agree he's probably a sprinter but I still think he could have won with a better ride.

That's right, I'm sure .... :rolleyes:

Back