French Guineas

Solemia, Prospect wells and plenty of other stayers on the dam side if you go back a few gens. I think he'll stay and i reckon they'll run him.

Each to their own, Aragorn, but how many facile Guineas' winners do you recall actually staying 12f, let alone netting a Derby?

The pace the horse showed to kick 2 to 3 lengths clear then kick again to win by 5and a half lengths suggests he can win group ones at 10 to 12 f.

Each to their own, but these are precisely the qualities in a miler that would put me off backing them over further.

Last edited:
For me, the speed he showed yesterday (beating relative trees, mind) indicates he's unlikely to get 12f, and may even struggle at 10. Not the Guineas win of Camelot or Sea The Stars, which showed they'd almost certainly improve for further, more the Irish Guineas of Kingman which suggested he might be equally as good over shorter. Worth bearing in mind his dam won her 7f gp3 in similar fashion, yet proved useless over 1m and more later.
Might be Derby fav with some, IMVHO, I doubt he'll even run.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/article/465/10291085/the-gurkha-and-air-force-blue-set-to-go-to-royal-ascot

Back