Friday 5th April 2024

yorick

Conditional
There is no selection today but thought I'd write an entry for the day.

I was ready to advertise my fancy for Military Tycoon in the first at Fontwell. Below are comments previously written on my blog concerning the horse:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Military Tycoon - 5.35 Salisbury 9/4 Win (Bog)

My original note came after his run at Nottingham i April on the soft:

'05/04/23 Nott 1M Sft

Bred to get further than this this 1m. Took a while to get going but really did make nice headway in the final furlong. Sire has thrown up 1m-2m 2f horses and the dam has produced one other progeny Fresnel, rated 99, who won over 12f.

This was MT’s second maiden. One more will get the mark so it’ll be of interest to see what distance they run this gelding over. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this turns out to be a stayer.'

So, here we are and they've stepped him up to 14f on the soft. Both of those aspects are positives here and I'll be doing him in the hope that he'll find a little improvement accordingly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, for me, was to be the day for MT, given the trip, going and it being his first handicap. I'd watched his prep runs over timber and had detected the type of runs that looked to be just preps for the handicap game.

Hey-ho. Once more the biblical amounts of rain we've experienced over the winter and spring have not relented one iota and, again, us NH enthusiasts have been cheated of any chance to properly advance and invest in our season.

Another horse came up on my alerts but it is an old alert and I'm not altogether sure that today's 1m will suit - a furlong too far, perhaps. It's Tadreeb in the 4.05 at Lingfield.

let's hope that the Grand National meeting is not abandoned or awash, eh?

Back