Friday

Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
Bunbury Cup - the draw's a bit of a negative but other than that Captain Brilliance looks by far the most likely winner. I took the 4/1 this evening BOG. There are a few possibles if he doesn't run his race but I can see this one going off about 9/4, maybe even shorter.

I'll add my other ideas for the other TV races in the morning so you know what to avoid.

2.00 Lord Zenith ew (out of the arcano maiden was defo an eyecatcher that day)
4.55 Cool Strike ew (in my dubious rides category last time out and bottom weight)

This looks a very tight race. A case can be made for half the field and the form should be worth following. I've been banging on about how well the Ayr race has been working out and Spinners End brings that form to the party. That was the one I punted that day but he blew out, the race coming only a couple of days after another decent race at Musselburgh. The way things have panned out, SE probably wouldn't have won at Ayr but he might well have been placed, which might have represented further improvement. If he carries that improvement on into this he has a chance but it is a very good race. I only have a saver on him. Crackdown sets the standard and can be fancied despite top weight but I fancy Kyllachy Star to improve past him.

Emperor Claudius came up the unfavoured side when beaten by Big Audio at Ascot. I don't find it hard to see him turning the form around here.

I can't see past Captain Brilliance. If things don't go to plan, I could see Mister Hardy or Shifting Star being good enough but there's only a few pounds separating the entire field and I can see eight or nine across the track together two out.

I think Paco Boy will have enough speed to show his true level here but I can see JJ The Jet Plane being too good.

With Paul Hanagan going to York, I'll be interested in seeing how his mounts there run. Fahey certainly has a couple with excellent prospects at Newmarket so if he fancies the York ones more, they might be worth punting in multiples.

Bunury cup usual minefield captain brilliance could be anything i hate unexposed horses in handicaps so i will chance ew laa rayb at least he has won big field handicaps before and sir parky top weight in nursery4.20.

I'm leaning towards Headford View at a decent price

Similar, would be half the price were it trained by a more prominent Irish trainer, and interesting the RP thought it raced on the worst of the ground last time. I think that could well be the opposite of today...

I was going to back headford view but apparently hasnt travelled over too well. Have backed racer forever instead at 14s.

You could make excuses for most horses in a race like the Britannia but the fact is when horses behind yours come out and win subsequently, it pays yours a compliment.

With Paul Hanagan going to York, I'll be interested in seeing how his mounts there run. Fahey certainly has a couple with excellent prospects at Newmarket so if he fancies the York ones more, they might be worth punting in multiples.

Laureldean Spirit "mugged on the line" according to the radio commentary in the fisrt at York. :(

You could make excuses for most horses in a race like the Britannia but the fact is when horses behind yours come out and win subsequently, it pays yours a compliment.

I don't see how if you take the view it didn't run it's race in the Britannia? :confused:

I don't see how if you take the view it didn't run it's race in the Britannia? :confused:

Couldn't care less whether he did or not, Hamm - fact is he didn't win the Britannia, fact is he has just won a decent C2 handicap, fact is it pays FAREER a compliment.

Which I am enjoying. Fact. :p

Couldn't care less whether he did or not, Hamm - fact is he didn't win the Britannia, fact is he has just won a decent C2 handicap, fact is it pays FAREER a compliment.

Which I am enjoying. Fact. :p

So, no-one is allowed to express an opinion that doesn't question the running of some of those who ran behind Fareer in the Britannia?

If you don't care less, stop blathering on about fareer. Today has nothing to do with Fareer, yet you have to keep mentioning him.

The only fact is all ratings prove Brief Encounter did not run to form in the Britannia.

Last edited:
I don't think this was out of context - the winner was behind Fareer so mentioning the other race is in context. Your opinion is that the winner today did not run up to its best at Ascot, fair enough. Perhaps the manner in which you jumped in and said that just after the breeder of Fareer shared a small moment of thinking the frame of her horse had been franked could be construed to have been saying Fareer would not have won had the other horse been on form. Maybe timing was bad and looked like a dig.

Whatever - it's all about opinons, everyone has them, but let's not get so dogged about it that we cannot share in a fellow forum persons success eh?

I'm pleased for Fareer and for the winner today. No need to get insulting about it.

I keep mentioning him ??? Where ?

Honestly, Hamm, you really should keep a lid on your obvious dislike of me and the fact that I bred FAREER quite obviously bugs you no end :lol:

Must be quite exhausting for you carrying around such a huge chip on your shoulder....

Getting back on track (and staying on it from here on in - the rest can be kept to the PM)...anyone see Serious Attitude win at York? Impressive?

Sorry Gal - wouldn't waste my time PMing Hamm. As Isinglass explains, it was in context but I am sure next time FAREER appears, he'll get stuffed as such is the way of horse-racing, which will at least please someone on here :lol:

No, didn't catch SA's race..

Back