Galway 2015

edgt

Senior Jockey
That time of year has come around again.
Michael Winters has set the cat among the pigeons by entering Rebel Fitz in both Plate and Hurdle though he is uncertain to run, Listowel Slan Abhaile race his most likely come back.
Theos Well could run in a 50-85 Flat handicap late in the week and off 78 could be okay.
My old pal Jim Culloty could run Winters Over in a winners hurdle if he can find one suitable .
Shark Hanlon has ear marked the Hurdle for stable star Hidden Cyclone who looks tasty off 10-3 especially after his impressive Leopardstown win.
Thoughts for the week ?

Have only looked at the Hurdle. Diakali gets in off a mark of 153, and looks leniently handicapped to me. Similiarly, Hidden Cyclone looks very-well in based on his Chase mark (though whether he is able to reproduce his mark over hurdles is another matter).

And after having has a sweat-on to get Quick Jack into the County Hurdle, only to miss out, I'll be backing him to recoup some of the damage done in March.

Not particularly inventive, but they'd be my three against the Field - though I'd probably hesitate before backing Hidden Cyclone.

Wonder is euro getting stuck into Boston bob

mick winters is someone I have a lot of time for. If RF turns up in the chase, I'll def be tempted to play

True Solitaire looks like a solid bet to get the Weld bandwagon rolling-ran a good race in defeat at Gowran against a horse that ran well in a Group 3 at Leopardsown last Thrsday-5/4 looks like a decent price to me.
I don't like Welds in the opening novice hurdle-think he might lack tactical pace over hurdles.

Anyone find it strange that the place pot in Galway wasn't won despite all favs placing in the six races? Something fishy going on...

That's really weird, for sure.
And the Placepot pool was larger than the Jackpot. (€79,000 carried forward, might be a play to do it tomorrow).
Most strange.

Buying money.

Well done LUKE. Good call and good call on Welds in the novice hurdle too.

Valac looks the 1 today. Outside of that i'll be taking a wide berth. Minefield of a card!
The fillies maiden is very intriguing. Both Simannka and Simsaiocht ran eye catching races 1st time out. The form of Siamsaiochts race being very well advertised since.
Kind of Magic, Now or Never and Sing for Me are no mugs either.

Actually, looking at the Topaz Mile, Brendan Bracken looks a solid EW bet.

Races off 101 (OR 106) with Robbie Downey's claim. Won this race (by half the track) off 104 two years ago, from the same draw and on the same ground. While he carries top weight, he only carries 2lbs more on his back this time. Rain or no rain it won't make a difference, he goes on any ground. Group 3 winner in '13 and 2 lengths behind Carla Bianca in a Group 3 last time out reads well. He may be exposed, but he's dropping in class. At 10/1 I think he's a solid EW bet, or maybe even Place Only.

That's really weird, for sure.
And the Placepot pool was larger than the Jackpot. (€79,000 carried forward, might be a play to do it tomorrow).
Most strange.
Got me interested in having a bet (not had one since April!) but is an error. It paid €8.20 according to Tote Ireland twitter. Can't find it anywhere else

Early days, but that looks a nice filly there at Galway, Now or Never, though she could have stile a march on them. Track the form back - Vitello/ Miss katie Mae/ Ballydoyle/ Final Frontier.

Tony Martin almost getting three of the first four finishers in Galway Hurdle must go down as one of the great training performances of modern times. A hugely competitive race on a tough tough track. Hats off to him and his team.
I must also commend Henry de Bromhead,Jessie Harrington, Sheila Lavery and Connor King's rides through the week.

Tony Martin can lay one out alright.
Not often we see a Tony Martin one winning a big-field handicap tidily, but that has drifted markedly before the Off.
Dollar And A Dream (Galway 2:15) 15/8 in the shops at midday ( I looked), .................... wins easily and returned at 7/2

Back