Galway-Goodwood Competition Final Day

In the same way as the final round of matches in the World Cup group stages must kick off simultaneously, all today's entries should be in before the start of Goodwood's first race at 13.55.

Amendments to entries will be accepted up till then. I would ask, though, that if you are amending your entry you resubmit the whole thing and not just the part you are changing.

Last edited:
Goodwood
1.55 Roxy Flyer 150 win (res Shimmering Moment)
3.40 Noverre to Go 750 win (res Parisian Pyramid)

£750 win Sir Gerry 15.40 Goodwood @ 40-1 Corals / William Hill

£1250 win Bencoolen 5.25 Goodwood @ 12-1 Ladbrokes / William Hill

I echo ECI's comments- much appreciated Grey.
To business with fat chance.

Galway
2.55 Golden Kite £1000 win
Goodwood
3.40 Parisian Pyramid £500 win 22's generally(got 33 on the machine)
3.40 Kaldoun Kingdom £500 win 20's generally
4.50 Bahamian Sunset £300 win 7's with 4 on oddschecker

Sorry for the apparent lack of enthusiasm, Grey. The one o'clock cut off has been incompatible with my working day on my brother's barn, Cam Cwm Lais.

I would have had (Bang on Form, 2:55 Galway and Rileyskeepingfaith 3:40 Goodwood)

GLTA - MR2

Swedish Chef (Euston Square), Roddy Owen (Anderson McAuley), Diamond Geezer (Bencoolen) still in with a shout.

Del Boy still in yellow, jinnyj the leader on the road in the green comp.

I'm not at home, I'm away for the weekend, but it looks to me as if Del Boy has held on to yellow and jinnyj has taken the green. Congratulations to both, you were entitled to win.

I'll put up more detailed results tomorrow. Comments on the competition format, and whether to retain it for future competitions, would be welcome.

Many thanks to all who entered.

Cracking format, I cant remember a competition being so open going into the final day. I was trying to think at what other meetings it could work. Maybe we could put something togather for York.

Last edited:
Back