Getting Sunnier

barjon

Rookie
Been under the weather, but the sun is beginning to break through, so a tentative foot back in the water..

Not been paying much attention, but I’m glad I watched Anna Swan on her debut. It was just a little Class4 novice stakes at Yarmouth on Thursday, but she strolled along to win very easily by over five lengths. Really impressive and I reckon we’ll hear a lot more from her.

A couple of interesting ones out today, but several are participating in the Shergar Cup at Ascot with strange jockeys aboard. Don’t fancy that. The Rose of Lancaster at Haydock has cut up dreadfully leaving only five runners. Anmaat is undoubtedly the class horse in the race, but he’s been off for well over a year with “complex foot issues”. Nonetheless, he is a strong favourite, but the question mark over his well-being makes him worth opposing with Al Mubhir, although it’s a bit concerning that Haggas has another one in the race.

I’d noted Indelible - Haydock 4:45 - as a Royal Ascot take-out after her fourth in the Sandringham “she won the race on what proved to be the “wrong” side and would (may) have done better in the group that had the pace. Certainly did nothing wrong.”

Since then she has run a decent second at Sandown where she just couldn’t get past the winner. Slightly disappointing, but I’ve given her another chance.

Been under the weather, but the sun is beginning to break through, so a tentative foot back in the water..

Not been paying much attention, but I’m glad I watched Anna Swan on her debut. It was just a little Class4 novice stakes at Yarmouth on Thursday, but she strolled along to win very easily by over five lengths. Really impressive and I reckon we’ll hear a lot more from her.

A couple of interesting ones out today, but several are participating in the Shergar Cup at Ascot with strange jockeys aboard. Don’t fancy that. The Rose of Lancaster at Haydock has cut up dreadfully leaving only five runners. Anmaat is undoubtedly the class horse in the race, but he’s been off for well over a year with “complex foot issues”. Nonetheless, he is a strong favourite, but the question mark over his well-being makes him worth opposing with Al Mubhir, although it’s a bit concerning that Haggas has another one in the race.

I’d noted Indelible - Haydock 4:45 - as a Royal Ascot take-out after her fourth in the Sandringham “she won the race on what proved to be the “wrong” side and would (may) have done better in the group that had the pace. Certainly did nothing wrong.”

Since then she has run a decent second at Sandown where she just couldn’t get past the winner. Slightly disappointing, but I’ve given her another chance.
Acouple of points to explain my thinking here:
1) Haydoock's not nearly as stiff as Sandown.
The odds- on fav has been out for 2 years,and with gp1 entries & is unlikely to be bouncing f[t for this gp3.

TM got boxed in by the fav,and left himself with nowhere to go.
Surprisingly pooor ride,imo - then,I am talking through my pocket.:rolleyes:

Mmm, never bet against class, they say :). Al Mubhir didn’t get the best of runs, but I don’t think he looked comfortable against this top class opposition. Maybe he was overfaced.

Indelible was locked in on the inside until a gap opened up with 2 furlongs left, but she had to light the afterburners to get through it which blunted her finish later on which, in turn, wasn’t helped by being squeezed up by the winner. Probably would still have come second with an easier passage, but I’ll persevere with her.

Mmm, never bet against class, they say :). Al Mubhir didn’t get the best of runs, but I don’t think he looked comfortable against this top class opposition. Maybe he was overfaced.

Can't have that,BJ.Even the commentator said he was penned in by Anmaat,also tgihtened up when going for a gap in the closing stagesI.
I'll wager Al Mubhirs a piece beter than he showed here.

I hope so, reet. I just thought he looked a bit flat compared to the others after he first got in the clear a couple out.

Back