Glencove Marina

Bowe is the trainers name -County Wexford.
Best young trainer in Ireland IMO - been a revelation in P2P's recently (if it's Colin Bowe we're talking about).

Particularly good with his bumper horses and ex-pointers, be disappointed if Askanna isn't running in those graded mares hurdles this winter.

Best young trainer in Ireland IMO - been a revelation in P2P's recently (if it's Colin Bowe we're talking about).

Particularly good with his bumper horses and ex-pointers, be disappointed if Askanna isn't running in those graded mares hurdles this winter.

You should see his gallop. I nearly fainted just looking at it. Like Colm, he's done well in P2Ps because he gets his horses fit and they can jump. He had a good run through the Spring/Summer and he's getting plenty of horses because he is cheaper. He needs to get a stable jock or regular rider as Bon O'Neill surely won't be left on if he gets a good one. A decent rider, but still, not a professional. Def one to watch.

Not seen his gallops but a friend who frequents the points in Ireland tells me the blokes a revelation particularly with the mares and that if he's running one it's generally quite decent.

From what I've seen of O'Neill (admittedly just his riding on the track) he's looked quite decent though I notice that Bowe hasn't had too many runners over fences so I guess having Snowy Morning back will help rectify that.

Only concern I'd have regarding a stable jockey under rules is whether he has enough horses for it - from what I've seen most of his horses have been mares in Bumpers and Maiden Hurdles (Model County Lass, Askanna, Misspublican, Lively Lass etc) though he doesn't seem adverse to selling one as Charlie Pogson had an ex-Bowe horse run well enough at Market Rasen on Sunday (Dontupsettherhythm in the Bumper).

He also had Shinrock Paddy for the early part of his career.

Last edited:
I'm assuming your near-faint at Colin Bowe's gallop was out of a positive impression, Cantoris?! What is its surface?

I'm assuming your near-faint at Colin Bowe's gallop was out of a positive impression, Cantoris?! What is its surface?

Yes positive impression. Myself and Grey were there to see Raise The Beat who he was pre-training. I didn't get onto the gallops to see but I know Colm likes it. It's at a decent angle and I think it's six furlongs so twice up is enough.

On Bon O'Neill, he's a fine amateur, one of the best around. But he's like BT O'Connell, I wouldn't like to have him on one of mine going to Cheltenham!

On Bowe's horse split, he'd have been a point trainer with a view to selling for his owners. The horse I have an interest in with Ferdy, Only The Best, came from Bowe. It was the only reason I bought it. He's more than happy to tell you about him and there's no BS about him. I'd say he has so many bumper and hurdlers for the same reason as its taken Colm so long to get some decent chasing ammunition, it takes four or five years to get them there if they start in your yard as three year olds.

Last edited:
What sounds great about the man, Cantoris, is that he's sensible enough to let his horses take time to mature into their target jobs - if I'm reading what you've written correctly. That's not always a feature of every trainer, some pushed due to being underwritten by sometimes only one main owner who may call the shots, others who just don't have the quantity to keep for a few good years, bringing them along with real prospects. Sounds a great set-up and he a good straight talker.

Thanks for telling more Cantoris - well he'd be my trainer to follow in 2010/11 anyway though like you say will take a few years for the crops to really come to the fore over fences.

Yes Fr Wishy Washy and told a few others to back her too. Looked a really nice mare in her Bumper and Maiden Hurdle last season, didn't see the race but probably better when stepped up in trip again :)

Winning trainer Mouse Morris said: "He has gotten stronger over the winter and I think he is a better horse now. He probably finds two and a half a bit sharp – he wants three miles. He made a couple of mistakes but Ruby said one of them wasn't his fault. We have no immediate plans."

I believe Snowy Morning is going point to pointing and cross country chasing later in season.

Looking back on the text I got it said 3 races in Ireland this season -no travelling.
Ask your source how much he had on Moon Dice .

Back