Godolphin - Sick, lame and Lazy coming along.

Flame

At the Start
Often asked about some of these by members, as they have been in the backward list at Godolphin but here is some latest news on some of those who haven't quite come to hand this year.

Any others wanted to know about, just ask and I will pass on what we have.

Fast Company is not in work however.

Thursday 17th July

Saeed Bin Suroor – Limekilns

Some of the slow to hand horses were working for the boys in blue up the Limekilns this morning and there were a few who pleased in steady workouts.

Imperial Star is another coming along in the slower paces and accompanied by Crime Scene over 7f he strode out a couple of lengths to the good. Held together by his rider he looked in good form and he shouldn’t be more than a couple of weeks off a run now.

Greek Well (Ex Sir Michael Stoute) has been very slow to come to hand since disappointing in Dubai but he looks to be progressing at the right time. He could be aimed at something over 10 – 12f in about a months time but it was an improved gallop he done this morning. Nudged out he moved on narrowly from Caesar Song (unraced 3yo lead horse) and seems to be progressing in the right direction.

Doing single file canters were Schiaparelli, Ibn Khaldun, Asset, Blue Ksar and Veracity who are not long back in work after serious setbacks. All of these are some way off a run but all moved nicely in steady work. They would be at least 6 – 8 weeks off a run and Asset looked nicest, seeming to have done very well for a long break.

Regards

Chris

Last edited:
thanks Chris, your steady supply of info from the gallops is appreciated
whatever happened to these CAPE CROSS horses.
SENTINELESE marked as not available in seven stars
ETOSHA
FAMILIAR TERRITORY
STORM FORCE
Flipper

Came help you out on the bottom two, will enquire on the top two.

Familiar Territory is used as a lead horse on occasions in Newmarket, but is kept for racing in Dubai. No plans to run in GB at the moment.

Storm Force, showed promise in the spring but had a minor setback. He is back in steady work but like Ibn Khaldun and co, I doubt we will see them reappear until Dubai, as he is a dirt horse anyway.

I know the feeling Trudi - all my Godolphin Seven Stars alerts are to tell me that Folk Opera is running. Those who picked Music Note will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Dont worry Martin, I keep getting one for Desert Chill, and thats my only one !!!

mine are deffo on the sick lame and lazy list !!!

Although Nexus and Que Piensa Cat will be running soon :)

I get Al Shemali and that's it - Etosha's in my seven so would be good to know if he's ever likely to appear.

I dropped Etosha this time round - chose him cos I rode one called that in africa....

Chris - he got me my only points last time out - I think hes gorgeous and was really hoping hed do well - but hes only run the once so far!! Think I need to do some proper reserch next year,and pick ones that are likely to run a lot!!!

Im only 140 odd points behind i think - no worries!!

No, Cat, he works for himself these days, if you can call it work.

He has rather a lot of contacts in the racing industry, a lot of them based in Newmarket.;)

Cheeky Giat !!!

travelling up and around the country paddocking and also studying races is hard work. Tell you what Collin, I wreckon the amount of time I spend studying is 10 fold what I done when doing any other job. Okay its enjoyable and technically not as much as a proper job as some would say, but hard work it still is.

Not so technically many contacts Collin, just a handful of non licensed people who calibrate and digest information for my disposal.

Found out that Etosha is not in training at present and will join Ishmael Mohammed.

Sentinelese is not in the Godolphin operation in Newmarket and is a horse Dubai based. He is also likely to join Ishmael Mohammed.

Regards

Chris

Ouch Trudi - beaten 6 lengths and by the rag too!

You'll be hoping the rest of your injured list come sound pronto!! :D

Does anyone know what happened to Laverock? I assume he's retired (he's not on the Godolphin/Timeform site any more). Did he end up at stud somewhere (not on the Darley site either)?

Bugger. Wish id come in here before doing my change - Ive jsut put him back in!!

that will make all the difference to my chances ( or p'raps not!!!! )

ah well.

I used the Lucky Dip option for my swap. Mainly because I haven`t a clue which of their horses actually exist anymore.

I tried looking to see if any had any entries via the racing post site - I found New Guinea entered in the Ebor but hasn't run in months so probably not very promising and none of the others had any entries and don't look likely to have any either.

Shall I just accept the wooden spoon now?!

Back