GOLDIKOVA - 14 not out

krizon

At the Start
Another Group One for the outstanding mare today, flicking off TIMEPIECE like lint from her Chanel suit. That's FOURTEEN Group Ones. Did I say fourteen? Yes, fourteen Group Ones. FRANKEL, CANFORD, eat your little-boy hearts out!

I agree, Hamm. And there's always that damn thing that so many trainers will dick about with milers - next trip's 10f, then 12, then down to 7 - seemingly there's some weird notion that a true-blue miler has something else to prove. This girl doesn't and thank God she fell into the right hands to show it.

Not quite Kri - she's gone up to over 9f (Prix d'Ispahan, 2 of her G1s from 3 attempts) and down to 7f (Prix de la Foret, 1 of her G1s from 2 attempts) and of course she was also tried over 10.5f in the Prix de Diane (3rd).

But that's my point - no need to have tried her over the Diane trip at all, although I'm talking in generalised terms. They rip in a couple of wins, and there they go, next stop 12f and disappointment. In her case, still good and game enough to grab excellent placings, but not what she needed to be given to do. Just keep her miling - although I guess there won't be too many more runs before she's offered a romantic dinner for two and the prospect of bouncing babies. That'll be an interesting venture: wonder if she'll take to motherhood, and wonder if she'll produce anything nearly as good as herself? The first-born will initially be worth a fortune, even if it turns out to be a dud later - or at least by comparison.

Does anyone have filly/mare records, please? Has she won the most Group/Grade 1s (setting aside ZENYATTA's solely US-based brilliance) for females?

Last edited:
I thought your point was that it was good to see that she isn't asked to do anything other than run over a mile?

14 G1 beats Zenyatta's 13. I think Miesque had the European record before Goldikova, on 10. Fair to say that Goldikova is the best proof that the steps taken a few years back to upgrade so many filly & mare races to Group 1 status has worked; races like the Rothschild and Falmouth weren't Group 1s in Miesque's day.

Fucking Christ, Gareth - get over yourself and just ENJOY THE FRIGGING HORSE'S ACHIEVEMENTS, WILL YA? You can score points if you like, but no, my point was to praise her superb achievements, not to endlessly read the fucking entrails of every fucking race she's fucking run. I thank you. No wonder people give up and leave the fucking forum.

Last edited:
I'd love to know how you think I'm not enjoying Goldikova's achievements. I'd also love to know how actually knowing what those achievements are is a bad thing. Nice entry for the drama queen contest tho :)

Back