Good Luck to Sheena West and Golan Way today!

• Thread starter Thread starter Kathy
  • Start date Start date
K

Kathy

As a few of you may know, I have been attached to Sheena's yard for a few months, doing some PR for her and running a new website for her.

Golan Way is the type of horse so many trainers dream of owning. He was a cheap buy £13000 k and was a mediocre horse on the flat.

Over fences he has been tremendous and has just gone from strength to strength.

He is running at Ascot today and I will be there to cheer on Golan, WRB Racing and of course Sheena and her staff.

Sheena only has 12 horses currently in training so for a small yard this is such great news.

Sheena is in The Times, The Telegraph, The Scotsman, in The Daily Mail earlier in the week and on the front of The Racing Post today. The publicitiy is fantastic. It will probably bring her no more horses but this publicity is more than she could have ever dreampt of.

I make no apology for singing the praises of this stable and trainer as she works tirelessly and deserves so much recognitition for finding good horses at affordable prices and then normally winning with them very often at very extremely good SP's!

GO GO GOLAN!!

Not sure why Dee es Williams is even favourite Martin?

Think Shamari & Alfie Flits are interesting at the prices.

Last edited:
if you are there Kathy, could you please take some photos of Bergo too !!! would be very much appreaciated, if you will be able to escape punishment from the West-camp that is .....

I reckon that there could be a throat-cutting pace on here today as there are two confirmed front-runners, and everything else wants to race handy. I've therefore dutched Medermit and Door Boy to small stakes (with a rev f/c for good measure), in the hope that those with a touch of stamina come to the fore.

More hope than expectation though, and it's a cracking looking contest.

Much as I admire Golan Way this is a much tougher Grade 2 than the one he won at Cheltenham so connections should be delighted if he is in the first three.

For what it is worth I quite like Wendel (who I saw win at Plumpton) and Door Boy who can hopefully give Diamond Harry's form a boost.

Good stuff Grasshopper.

Think they made hay with Golan Way so far this season; beaten a long way out.

Very impressed with winner as he recovered well from a dodgy mistake.

Good stuff Grasshopper.

Think they made hay with Golan Way so far this season; beaten a long way out.

Very impressed with winner as he recovered well from a dodgy mistake.

Nice one Grass. Think there will be plenty of better novices around though.

4th in a Grade 2 is certainly not a disgrace! Ground not ideal but no excuses beaten by better horses today but battled on like the game horse he is. He will be off to The Cheltenham Festival in March.

Well done, Grasshopper!

Aldaniti, Bay Hawk won't be seen out until Feb/March next year!

Sorry, Crazyhorse, I missed your message before I left for Ascot so I don't think I have any photos of Bergo.:confused:

Not sure he is upto one of the Championship races Kathy, even though he battled on well.

What race would he be aimed at?

I am sure Sheena will be making decisons about which races once she has fully assessed todays result.

A horse that has won 4 races on the bounce and comes 4th in a fairly hot grade 2 race at Ascot only beaten 4 lengths in total - I'm sure there is a Championship race he will qualify for at The Festival - but, hey, what do I know. I don't pretend to know better than the trainer.

Very disappointed with Bergo naturally, but that was one crap ride by williams. Any horse that runs up a sequence incl. a Graded race is clearly at least decent, and think yard can be very proud of Golan Way.

Hardly a moderate horse, jeez.

A clearly talented horse who's probably not up to Champion race standards, but will keep on picking up decent races, more like. Similar to so many horses who never quite make the top level.

Back