Good World Cup so far?

harry

At the Start
Best yet for me, all games enjoyable, lots of goals, surprises. Brilliant.
31 goals in 9 games!!

Last edited:
All the European teams except France and Holland disappointing. Brazil and Argentina look weak compared to previous generations. A shock winner?

Last edited:
Overall it hasn't engaged. Lots of goals etc etc but no one side that has really taken the eye in a big way. Admittedly, before yesterday I've barely watched a game in the last week

But key has been firstly that the test match grabbed attention and cricket is first for me by a long way now

Second, if I want football at the highest level and with a genuine edge, then it's the champions league now.

Last edited:
Are you both being sarcastic?

It's the best world cup I can remember. Great goals, great games, top players performing near their best (look at top scorers chart for example), everyone has a new favourite team (Colombia), James Rodriguez, the demise of Spain and Italy, Suarez making a lot of people laugh, James Rodriguez and hopefully the best is to come. Little sign of the defensive play and attitude that has characterised top level football in recent years (including the champions league), most play has been very positive. Long may it continue.

Last edited:
It's the best world cup I can remember.

Indeed, truth in dat !

"Casting pearls before swine", eh Hamm. :)
(I'm justified in saying that since the same particular gentleman called me a "sewer rat" a week or so ago. :whistle:

Not my favourite world cup but it's the best since '86 imo.

1982 and 1986 were the World Cup's I remember with the most really good games. Although 82's was ruined slightly with it's structure that sucked massive donkey balls (England going out without losing a game)

Last edited:
Although 82's was ruined slightly with it's structure that sucked massive donkey balls (England going out without losing a game)
I remember it for the blatant fixed game between Austria and Germany for both to go through at the expense of Algeria.

Back