Goodwood Saturday

It was definitely not Manning's finest hour. You expect a jockey on a Group 1 horse to avoid getting boxed in twice in the same race. Having said which, once he got trapped on the rails early on off a slow pace, it was game over without a lot of luck

Compare that with Munro's ride on Southpaw Lad in the first, where he realised he had to wait out the back and go round them all, in spite of having been instructed to get cover...

Wasn't bad ride? FFS if Spencer had done that you'd be calling for his head. Lush Lashes stays at least 10f and yet Manning has allowed 2 potetial non-stayers do dictate some of the softest fractions ever in a Group 1 race. Not content there, he can't decide which way to go and sends her up a blind alley on at east 3 occasions, and then to top it off he drops his reins to finish off any slim chance she may have had left. You're right, it wasn't a bad ride, it was about the worst ride I've ever seen given to any horse.

It was definitely not Manning's finest hour. You expect a jockey on a Group 1 horse to avoid getting boxed in twice in the same race. Having said which, once he got trapped on the rails early on off a slow pace, it was game over without a lot of luck

Compare that with Munro's ride on Southpaw Lad in the first, where he realised he had to wait out the back and go round them all, in spite of having been instructed to get cover...

That makes no sense, Munro did get cover and only produced his horse from 1.5f out, so not sure how you can say that about Munro not going to orders. As he has.

Manning, had no time to pull back and if he did, he would have given away more ground. He tracked Murtagh, sadly for him, when the gap was there he got outpaced. Ryan also kept him in and whilst he flew late when dropping his reigns he was just unfortunate, his placement was not bad, he was just unfortunate that when he needed his mount to find a turn of foot that the winner did, she was unable to do so and therefore found himself in the trouble which cost him the race.

What the fuck has the clerk done with that ground. What a gigantic tosser. I`ve laid most of my bet on Lush Lashes off. All week CH4 have gone on about the chinless twat being in constant contact with some woman from the Met Office, so why did he water last night??

Agree totally. Watering good-to-firm ground with rain forecast is completely irresponsible.

That makes no sense, Munro did get cover and only produced his horse from 1.5f out, so not sure how you can say that about Munro not going to orders. As he has...

I'd thought Munro dropped back and pulled out round them further back than that... but my point in any case is not that he didn't ride to instructions - for most of the race he did - but that he *used his brain* when he could see that he couldn't stick to orders which were to keep the horse covered up [ie run through horses]. I can't see that Manning used his brains at all in that race

Backed 7 all ew with Jennings for £50 ew , 6 places

Conquest 40s
Ashdown Express 50s
Mac Gille Eoin 14/1
Kings Apostle 14/1
Barney McGrew 14/1
Borderlescott 17/2
Hitchens 28/1

All guaranteed odds as well, so fingers crossed.

Plus cheeky 20p and 10p cfc + ctc

I'd thought Munro dropped back and pulled out round them further back than that... but my point in any case is not that he didn't ride to instructions - for most of the race he did - but that he *used his brain* when he could see that he couldn't stick to orders which were to keep the horse covered up [ie run through horses]. I can't see that Manning used his brains at all in that race

I dont see how get covered up means come through horses, John Best said he likes to be on his own and dont like company, so that would surely point to the fact he wanted him to come wide.

Backed 7 all ew with Jennings for £50 ew , 6 places

Conquest 40s
Ashdown Express 50s
Mac Gille Eoin 14/1
Kings Apostle 14/1
Barney McGrew 14/1
Borderlescott 17/2
Hitchens 28/1

All guaranteed odds as well, so fingers crossed.

Plus cheeky 20p and 10p cfc + ctc

Get the fcuk in, that Tri-cast should pay a bomb as well.

He had fillies either side, he was virtually boxed in. I`ll say again, if Murtagh had ridden her this would not have happened.

Maybe not his season - but Murtagh's got himself boxed in plenty of times in the past, in fact there were 2/3 years I wouldn't back him at all as I got so fed up of losing money on him. eg Soviet Song at Goodwood, Lividya at the Curragh......

Jockeyship is a great deal to do with confidence: Murtagh is a different jockey this year

I dont see how get covered up means come through horses, John Best said he likes to be on his own and dont like company, so that would surely point to the fact he wanted him to come wide.

I was going on what Munro said after the race!

Yes great tipping for the Stewards Cup - I'm trying to worl out the maths of it but my mind is boggled LOL

EX £987.00
SF £407.62
Tricast £3816.41

Now I wish I done the exacta instead of fc,

Oh well the £381.64 for £21 and £81.52 for £8.40.

Be rude to complain, plus 1st, 2nd 3rd and 5th on my bets,

Wonder if the Jennings account I opened this morning will still be open tomorrow ??

Amazing to think that Halfway to Heaven is out of a Kings Stand winner Cassandra Go.I don't think people fully appreciate what an amazing talent APOB is-we could be witnessing the greatest trainer of all time at the peak of his powers.
I can understand why someone would feel frustrated with Lush Lashes but that was a short price around Goodwood for a horse who has never won two in a row.I have had a couple of nice paydays from Manning but I would always have reservations about him-he is fine as a jockey just not in premier league.

Back