Grand Prix de Paris

Thanks Powerscourt - anything at the trip from the Fabre yard has to be respected, have a feeling he'll develop into an Arc horse and he's certainly been taking things very slowly with him.

Jan Vermeer (7/4) , Planteur (3) , Behkabad (7/2) , Ice Blue (11/2) , Goldwaki (8) , Lawspeaker (12) , Ivory Land (33) , Allesson (50) , Vivre Libre (200)

Keen to get involved here as I think it could be a bit much asking Jan Vermeer to turn out again at this trip and expect him to run up to his best.

Just been watching a replay of the Prix du Jockey Club and Behkabad is definitely the one I'd want from that race. Sure to be suited by the extra yardage and also did best of those that didn't race in front rank.

Last edited:
jan vermeer ran very well last year in the grand prix de saint cloud on heavy ground
goldwaki will like it planteur too
behkabad connections dont want it too soft
ice blue i suppose he wont like it being by dansili

Behkabad disppointed on heavy on his reappearance. Testing conditions probably will suit Goldwaki best and bring his stamina into play.

Some of the stories about the ground may be exaggerating how testing it is according to the times. Looking at that 14f race the Prix Maurice de Nieuil, the time for it in 2010 was 3.03.25

Previous runnings were
2009 2.59.00 g
2008 2.57.10 g/f
2007 2.58.10 g
2006 3.01.90 g/f

Planteur looked a bit tricky but also given a fair bit to do off a slow enough pace.

Jan Vermeer looks needing in dropping in trip but would worry that they might have messed him up at this stage.

Got to love bookmakers, leave the Arc antepost market up after one of the most prolific Summer trials. 20/1 Behkebad still available with Hills.

Excellent ride on winner, but he deserved a change of luck in that department after the mess they made with him in Chantilly. Front 2 look pretty good and whilst I wouldn't say they are as good as Workforce, I'd have them as the second/third best 3-y-os at the trip.

Planteurs jockey lost race (yes talking through my pocket)
too much to do in so soft ground and the winner using his pacemaker,

about the level of the race, for me the winner is in a provisional figure of 120+, so I rate this race worse than Irish Derby and much worse than workforce at Epsom.

Back