Euronymous

Senior Jockey
SoF - 2.18
Getaway - 4.4
Doctor Dino - 8.2
Youmzain - 9.2
Zambezi Sun - 15
Lucarno - 22

Cracking race. In fact it may end up being a better contest than the KG the way things are going. Short priced animals have a bad record in this and i`d be keen to take the favourite on, but with what is the question. Soldier of Fortune has a pacemaker in the line-up.

Doctor Dino or Youmzain. The latter underperformed in this last year whereas Doctor Dino doesn't know how to finish unplaced.

As much a 13/8 and 11/4 quotes were wrong about Getaway and Soldier of Fortune at Epsom, I'm sure that today's prices represent an overreaction to one horse handling the track at Epsom and one failing to. The first 2 in the betting look a notch above the rest and I'm happy to chance Getaway to show that the Newmarket run is a better indication of his ability.

Getaway 7/2 now on Betfair, he looks the best value in the race to me. I`m not totally convinced as to the value of the form re his Newmarket run but Tranquil Tiger did run ok yesterday. Might have a saver on Youmzain.

Interesting listening to Channon talking about Youmzain on atr just now - reckons he should be going for the big Cup races and woudl eat them all alive, but says the owners keep insisting on these shorter distances

Originally posted by Headstrong@Jun 29 2008, 11:20 AM
Interesting listening to Channon talking about Youmzain on atr just now - reckons he should be going for the big Cup races and woudl eat them all alive, but says the owners keep insisting on these shorter distances
That's true but the fact Channon has said this, only makes me start to think there is a split between him and Jaber on the cards soon.

Youmzain needs 1m 5f ideally, but owners say he is only allowed to run in Group 1's over 1m 4f. Channon wanted to go for the Hardwicke but he was told no.

Personally don't see the point of hiring a trainer to train your horse if you are not going to take on board what they tell you.

Agree with you Chris, didn't Channon also want to run him in the Leger but was prevented by the owner who wanted to finish second to Rail Link in the Niel.

Originally posted by davidjohnson@Jun 29 2008, 11:25 AM
Agree with you Chris, didn't Channon also want to run him in the Leger but was prevented by the owner who wanted to finish second to Rail Link in the Niel.
Yep that is true, I personally think if Channon doesn't get the big win Jaber desires, he will lose the owner, which may not actually be a bad thing as Channon buys his own horses and sells them to owners, through Gill Richardson, so technically Youmzain was a horse he spotted not Jaber.

Channon has a good eye for a horse and is never one to spend loads. before someone says Go On Be A Tiger. Jaber bred it and wanted to buy it back at the sales. £970,000, all I can say is they must have been mad. His mum may have been a machine, but its a pony.

didn't Channon also want to run him in the Leger but was prevented by the owner who wanted to finish second to Rail Link in the Niel.

Although he came out 2 weeks later and won a Group 1 anyway.

I'm with the owner here. I'd rather be mixing it in Arcs and King George's then possibly winning Group 2 Cup races only to get gubbed by Yeats in the Gold Cup anyway.

Great effort from the winner, really deserved that.

Soumillon failed to impress on the second though, granted the track might have been a bit sharp but think Murtagh would have been stronger in the finish.

Finally Hughsie doesn't give him the Dancing Brave and he in fairness hacked up. Well done Youmzain, he desvered that.

Dare I say it but Hughsie may have kicked too early.

I seriously couldn't see anything touching him in the L'arc on that. 200m out he was cruising.

Delighted for tha Channon team and Youmzain, wish I backed him in the win market instead of the place market.

Getaway must go down as one of the most exciting to become one of the most disappointing in the shortest space of time possible.

Don't think there's any excuses for SoF to be honest. Youmzain clearly the best horse on the day for me.

Even though SoF got stuffed, I enjoyed that

A well deserved succes for a horse that has been underestimated by most

I can't wait to read Dom's comments. Looking at that King George Stakes page she talks about him as if he is selling class.

I wonder if we will hear an I was wrong !!!!

On second thoughts can't see that happening. (stir)

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Jun 29 2008, 03:52 PM
I can't wait to read Dom's comments. Looking at that King George Stakes page she talks about him as if he is selling class.

I wonder if we will hear an I was wrong !!!!

On second thoughts can't see that happening. (stir)
I'm sure Dom will take her medicine like the lady she is :what:

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Jun 29 2008, 02:39 PM
Don't think there's any excuses for SoF to be honest. Youmzain clearly the best horse on the day for me.
Need to watch race a few times Gareth, but fwiw, my impression was during race that SoF wasn't traveling that well today, also, i noticed as he went by line sweat coming from under saddle

Maybe that was just enough for Youmzain to take advantage

Back