Gwid 2019

In Dublin Chase think Saint Calvados will run well

Is still the most unexposed horse in the race, so each way at 6-1 [Skybet] BOG

I've taken a stab at Petit Mouchoir in the Irish Champion Hurdle at 16/1. Imo he has an equal chance to that of either Melon or Supersundae who are around the 3/1 mark. He was very keen, being held up the last day for his seasonal debut and I'd expect him to return to being ridden more prominently if considered race fit. He never really got decent ground last season. Over hurdles on good ground he set the pace for the Champion Hurdle which saw Buveur d'air produce his biggest speed figure. He only really faded after the last, a speedier track like Leopardstown should see him produce something better. 2 miles here on good ground, race fit , I figure at the prices he's worth a shot.

Last edited:
Simply Ned withdrawn on veterinary advice today, Three Wise Men also a NR in the last owing to passport issue.

I've taken a stab at Petit Mouchoir in the Irish Champion Hurdle at 16/1. Imo he has an equal chance to that of either Melon or Supersundae who are around the 3/1 mark. He was very keen, being held up the last day for his seasonal debut and I'd expect him to return to being ridden more prominently if considered race fit. He never really got decent ground last season. Over hurdles on good ground he set the pace for the Champion Hurdle which saw Buveur d'air produce his biggest speed figure. He only really faded after the last, a speedier track like Leopardstown should see him produce something better. 2 miles here on good ground, race fit , I figure at the prices he's worth a shot.

If I wasn't a believer before I am now...that was incredible.

Wonder Laish way shorter than i had hoped for :(

Here a goggle for you

The Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board Veterinary Officer examined Wonder Laish (GB), trained by C.Byrnes, at the request of the Stewards and reported the animal to be post race normal.

About as normal as any horse who drifts from 4.5 to 11 in less than 3 minutes and is run up the back of every horse in the race by the best stopper in the business....

The commentator even said before the race you wouldn't want to be on a Byrne drifter......in other words this fooker aint off a yard.

JP winner can't be having any hint of cheating can we?

Here a goggle for you

The Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board Veterinary Officer examined Wonder Laish (GB), trained by C.Byrnes, at the request of the Stewards and reported the animal to be post race normal.

About as normal as any horse who drifts from 4.5 to 11 in less than 3 minutes and is run up the back of every horse in the race by the best stopper in the business....

The commentator even said before the race you wouldn't want to be on a Byrne drifter......in other words this fooker aint off a yard.

JP winner can't be having any hint of cheating can we?

They knew...

That's a cracking card today. The winners are as follows:

Klassical Dream
Brosna George
Delta Work
Bellshill
Fitzhenry
Big Bad and Beautiful

ps.. I spent a while yesterday telling Perpetual that (his) Kemboy would win the IGC. He was too much of a gentleman to tell me he hadn't been declared.

Some great finishes today but all the withdrawls effected the spectacle.

They should of looked at watering more

Hopefully those big 3m chasers are fine when they pull out tomorrow

The chase course is harder than the hurdle course as the hurdle course had been watered more often and more recently as it had been used during the flat season.

Watering is never an option when there is frost forecast; between 7pm last night and early am today it froze very hard in Dublin; they had an early morning inspection even. even the rain in Clonskeagh did not seem to fall 3 miles away at the racecourse.
It is the first time I remember seeing the grass waving in the breeze at a February meeting.
Quite a few horses that ran did not enjoy the going including Aramon and Road to Respect; i hope they are okay for Festival.
met the Cheltenham clerk of course who told us he thought of watering for trials day but that with short days and frost it is not feasible.
Ruby silenced any doubter with his three winners; one tough cookie.

Back